Can, In this way I can control my three axis drone gimbal using herelink

Hi. I will be using solex as my default app. This is my solex settings along with my pixhawk cube orange pins for which I have connected a three axis gimbal. In solex, (I have set the wheel settings by default to RC CH : 9 and I have connected the pitch axis of my gimbal to AUXILIARY : 1 of my pixhawk cube orange pin) and (I have assigned A short press to change the wheel settings to CH : 10 and I have connected the yaw axis of my gimbal to AUXILIARY : 2 of my pixhawk cube orange pin) and (A long press is assigned as clear wheel settings to get back to CH : 9) This all are done in solex tx app in herelink. And another thing is that A short press and A long press, both the button channels are set in as toggle button and not a momentary button in herelink original settings, so will the above setup for gimbal work as I expect ? Should I set to toggle or momentary for the A short press and A long press ?

Hi. I will be using solex as my default app. This is my solex settings along with my pixhawk cube orange pins for which I have connected a three axis gimbal. In solex, (I have set the wheel settings by default to RC CH : 9 and I have connected the pitch axis of my gimbal to AUXILIARY : 1 of my pixhawk cube orange pin) and (I have assigned A short press to change the wheel settings to CH : 10 and I have connected the yaw axis of my gimbal to AUXILIARY : 2 of my pixhawk cube orange pin) and (A long press is assigned as clear wheel settings to get back to CH : 9) This all are done in solex tx app in herelink. And another thing is that A short press and A long press, both the button channels are set in as toggle button and not a momentary button in herelink original settings, so will the above setup for gimbal work as I expect ? Should I set to toggle or momentary for the A short press and A long press?

You may try to use mavlink buttons to set the SERVOx_FUNCTION to other values, to change their corresponding RCIN channel.

I haven’t tried this before so I’m not sure if this will work.

So am I right which I wrote before inn above post ?

Yes. For toggle or momentary, it is up to you.

Toggle might be easy so I will just short press a button and leave it, then with the roll wheel I can control it

I will leave the servo outputs to 0 which means that through mavlink I can control it. Then I do not need to do anything in mission planner. I just need to change the settings in solex buttons as I know that aux 9 channel on solex is aux 1 pin on my cube orange and so on

I will leave the servo outputs to 0 which means that through mavlink I can control it. Then I do not need to do anything in mission planner. I just need to change the settings in solex buttons as I know that aux 9 channel on solex is aux 1 pin on my cube orange and so on. Am I correct ? @Alvin

I will leave the servo outputs to 0 which means that through mavlink I can control it.

You’ll be using mavlink to change to parameter, so not necessary needed. Because you’ll use mavlink button to change it anyway.

Then I do not need to do anything in mission planner. I just need to change the settings in solex buttons

Yes

as I know that aux 9 channel on solex is aux 1 pin on my cube orange and so on. Am I correct ?

You are mixing up RC IN channel and OUT channel. There is no such aux channel on Solex.

So you mean that ch:9 means aux 1 on my cube orange and ch :1- means aux 2 on my cube and so on. Am I correct ?

ch:9 means aux 1 on my cube

Yes

ch :1- means aux 2 on my cube and so on

No. You are overthinking. You should distinguish RC channel and Servo channels. I feel like you are mixing between them.
RC channels are RC inputs from RC receivers. Servo channels are MAIN OUT and AUX out. Servo1-8 are MAIN OUT 1-8 and Servo 9-14 are AUX OUT 1-6. It’s not that complicated.
There is no solid linkage between RC channels and Servo channels. You can change their relationship to whatever you want.
https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/parameters.html#rc7-option
https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/parameters.html#servo7-function-servo-output-function

2 Likes

Thank you for helping me. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: