Cryptic message: "QGroundControl fully supports Version 3.3 and above. You are using a version prior to that."

I updated the flight controller to the latest version of Ardupilot (4.1).
Now when I start the Herelink remote, I get the following message:

"QGroundControl fully supports Version 3.3 and above. You are using a version prior to that. This combination is untested, you may run into unpredicatble results".

First of all: a version of what? What should I do?
I have invested €2500+ in a drone including close to €1000 for the Herelink system and I am unable to use it due to the lack of clear instructions.

1 Like

Hi @david_belay,

I had the same problem. This is a problem with QGC not recognizing AP 4 and it is fixed in their dev.
Install the dev version from play store and the message would go away.
HTH,
Gal

1 Like

Thanks. You mean in the dev of QGC?
But how do I install another version of QGC on the Herelink? And are we supposed to do that at all?

There is a github fork of QGC for Herelink but it seems like there hasn’t been any commit for months and I wouldn’t know how to install it either…

Thx again for your help!

2 Likes

You didn’t mention HereLink an I failed to note the category… I thought you are simply running on a tablet. I have no clue how to do that in HereLink.
Sorry

1 Like

no worries, thanks anyway but I think I posted in the “Herelink” category

1 Like

This issue is being looked at at the moment

1 Like

Ironically the old 3DR Solo app has the same problem. If the version number was anything other than #.#.#, it would start telling you that an update is required not function. So a version number with -dev or -rc3 for example would make it get all pissed. But seems silly that QGC isn’t comprehending that 4.0.0 is indeed higher than 3.3.0.

2 Likes

Well, if I get it right that we are stuck with the version of QGC bound to the firmware (I still haven’t received a clear answer), it may be that the developers thought that a 4.x version of Ardupilot would never see the light of day before that version of QGC would become obsolete. So they didn’t bother to compare the first digit of #.#.# but only the last two!
That would be reminiscent of the Y2K bug.

1 Like

You are stuck with the included version at this time. It is quite significantly modified and it is also the launcher app for the Android OS.

1 Like

Try not to overthink issues…
for Ardupilot, compatibility is assured with Mission planner, QGC is an independent project
HereLink uses a customised version of QGC

1 Like

any idea when that update will be available so that we can update QGC on the herelink?

1 Like

Very soon, it should have been out already, but due to one of our competitors trying to steal our work, we have had to delay the release to add additional security

3 Likes

I’ve been having the same issue for a while now. In the meantime it is already April 27, and both the Air and Ground units use the latest firmwares, and the message is still appearing on startup… Hopefully this is solved in the next update.

1 Like

I also have the same problem. I look forward to an update that can resolve this issue.

1 Like

Has there been a fix for this yet? I cannot seem to upload missions to drone either.

Get message:

Mission transfer failed, Retry transfer. Error. Vehicle returned error: X/Param5 has invalid value (MAV_MISSION_INVALID_PARAM5_X) Param5: nan.

I also get the message as listed above, As well as a shed load of other error messages.

This is all since I updated the Herelink to latest firmware and the Cube to V4XX

Any help appreciated, as I need to do mapping.

Next Beta will have a fix. Use Solex is the recommendation

Does Solex do mapping missions and allow for battery changes on large area surveys?

I have just updated Solex to 2.0.2 and QGroundControl to 4.0.6 on 2 of my NIVDA SHIELD’s that I use with 2 of my 3DR Solo’s, have 2 more to do. And I finally got around to updating my HereLink last week so that has the latest version of Solex for it. I also got the QGroundControl message on my HereLink about version 3.3, so is it possible or can we update it also??? Just asking.

1 Like

That update is coming soon

2 Likes

Hi Philip, any news on this one?

Thanks