Cube Orange / ADSB / Serial5

Dear All,
It’s seems that I lost one serial Port (Serial5, labelled as “Cons") when I decide to take the Cube Orange.

I try to use that port for a Lidar but I can’t get it connected.
Can someone confirm that I can’t change the settings of Serial5?
Regards
Stefan

There is no serial 5 available on ADSB carrier.

If you need more serial ports, please switch your Here2 to CAN mode to free up GPS1 UART

Thanks for getting that straight.

Then I got another Problem I think.
I’m using the “Here+ V2 Rover (M8P)”
That one I can’t switch to CAN, or?

Is your GPS 2 port free ?

No, unfortunately all are in use.
I think I put the orange cube on an older Board.
But I’m not happy with the situation that the older Boards are discontinued.
But beside from that I’m very very happy with all the Cube Stuff

Yes you can put Here+ V2 on CAN you can use the splitter board to connect multiple devices to a can port.

Ah, OK, then I have to give it another try. I tried it once before but I was not lucky. Thanks

I try again to get the here+ V2 working on can, because I need another UART.
It is not working. The here2 no problem, the new here3 also no Problem. That proofs that my settings are OK.
Of cause I switch the Here+V2 to can with the small dip. And I also try another one (I got 5 of them) and on 2 different cubes, black and orange.
Any other Ideas?

Whatever you say @philip , I always miss the one UART Port and I will never understand why you shut down the 5th port for ADSB wich is generally no use for.

The serial 5 was always a debug port and not for general use. So it being used for the ADSB doesn’t really change what’s available.

I cannot understand from your posts if you got CAN working or not?

Can is very straight forward with current Ardupilot

I always used the Serial 5 for eg. NMEA out, OSD, Lidar etc. That all works very fine.

The Here2 and Here3 I got very easy working on CAN. No Problem

The Problem was that I never got the Here+ (2nd Generation) wich also got a CAN switch working.
I got 3 of them, all to the latest Firmware, but none of them were working in CAN, only in UART