Herelink cannot register device

Hi,
I recieved a product key from getfpv and I am trying to register the herelink. But when I input the code it gives an error message “cannot register product”. I have a good wifi connection and I also set the time on the herelink correctly. I updated the firmware on the herelink to the latest version by following this page https://docs.cubepilot.org/user-guides/herelink/herelink-user-guides/upgrading-firmware

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks.
Best, Andrii.

Please check the time is correct, and also can you tell me the ip the controller has?

I did set the time correctly in the device settings but it still gives me the same error and doesn’t allow to register.

Have the same issue (seehere). A workaround is to use cellular internet via a hotspot from your smartphone.

1 Like

I tried doing the registration by using a cellular hotspot and I still get the same error. It just says cannot register this device when I enter the product key

Here is the ip info of the remote

your ip settings are fine, so the only issues are likely to be bad key, or bad time on the unit itself

i just checked the server logs, and the issue is a bad key.

did you buy from getfpv? as it looks like that key has been used on another unit

Hi Michael, I am also facing the same issue, what I observed in my case is, that the serial number mentioned on the key and box is different than the one mentioned on the back of herelink remote unit

thats normal, each part has a separate serial number.

I reached out to GetFPV and they provided another key that worked. I was finally able to register my Herelink. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

indeed, The reason why my HereLink wasn’t registering was because, I was connected to a Home Wi-Fi, once I connected to a cellular hotspot, everything worked like a charm.

the issue is most likely the ip range your home network is using. if its in the 192.168.0.x range. there is currently a known issue.

Hi all,

I am having the same problem with my unit. Not sure if it is an internet issue or a registration code issue.

I reflashed it a couple times, tried 2 different wifi’s and still nothing.

Bought 2 off the CubePilot. The only support email I see for them is cubepilot@cubepilot.com . Hopefully that will work for a new key.

Here is the IP info from unit.

I am just swapping over from DJI flight controllers and lightbridge so very new (Level 0) to pixhawk and Herelink.

There is not much I can do if it is an IP address problem, aside from walking up the street and asking all of our neighbors. None of our phones has a 5 ghz option for a mobile hotspot.

Try on a mobile hotspot or try changing your network IP allocation.

Cant do the mobile hotspot thing. No 5ghz option on any of the available phone(note 8, 9, 10 and iPhone 10). Will have to Google how to change IP allocation.

Had to buy a mobile hotspot (wanted one anyways) and a second SIM card, worked perfect.

It really doesn’t like 192.168.0.xxx.

Hopefully this is somthing a firmware update will fix?

Hi, same problem here, cannot register… So if the 192.168.0.x and 192.168.1.x don’t work, perhaps this should be mentioned in the User Guide setting up pages? After all, practically ALL the routers in the world use those ranges, right?

So, looking for a way to dig deeper into my network router now, which is really not something we want to tell our potential customers… They would just shrug us away, “What, if your system doesn’t work with our standard routers, why won’t you just fix it first, come back then?” So it doesn’t look like we could be recommending them this system, I am really sorry to say.