HereLink external antenna

I was thinking of possibly using a cable with BNC connectors to offset the original antennas, but I would like to be sure not to damage the controller by doing this.

Yes, no problem if you want to prolong wire of antenna!

Ok great !

Thank you for the information

But MINI BNC is not suitable

Did anyone ever figure out what type of connector this is?

Mini BNC is not it.

HD bnc maybe?

HD-BNC is not it either just got a cable in the mail.

Unfortunately, these connectors are a custom connector and are not available “off the shelf” from Herelink. I made some custom adapters for my project that convert the OEM Herelink Antennas to SMA. I actually made a few extras if anyone is interested in running different antennas.

2 Likes

1 Like

What is the Position of the Herelink Antenna and the range of the Herelink

I have placed the antenna 90 degrees to each at landing Gear of Hexacopter and it faces towards the Herelink Ground controller But even though I got the range up to 1600meters only

Also make sure to keep some distance from the landing gear when putting on the antenna, if the landing gear is made of conductive material.

The maximum range is affected by various factors. In our experiment, it last for 20km in most idea scenario. You can find test videos on Youtube which achieved 20km as well.

Can you tell me how much distance from the conductive material, the distance between Antenna & the angle?

Recommended angle is 15 degrees.
But there are no strict requirement for the distance. A few centimeters should be fine.

Hello, how are the custom adapters working out? If you still have the extras you made, id be willing to buy a couple

Hi Preston, do you have any more of these by any chance? happy to pay. cheers

Hello guys, just confirming, thats a 50ohm bnc connector we need there right. Not 75ohm. @philip . Can you please confirm me.

1 Like

Are the Controller connectors truly mini BNC like you stated or Custom as per the Users?

If it is standard please share the part #.

Thanks.

Hello @philip Can you help me to find the adaptor for mini bnc to sma female. i am trying really hard to find something that would connect the here link with an external antenna. I hope you might know some place in europe. Thanks in advance.

You won’t, but if you want to run custom antennae, connect at the u.fl at the pcb inside.

I was trying to understand these BNC connectors and all while reading all the answers. However, I am stuck with the removal of the antenna from the Ground unit. Once it is removed, then only we can go ahead with the extension