Herelink TX/RX NDAA Compliance

Hello everyone,

I apologize if this has already been answered somewhere else but I searched and couldn’t find anything. Especially with all of the buzz around new regulations and the Blue SUAS list, I think a lot of us (the US drone industry) are confused by what is and isn’t manufactured in China. Could someone please confirm where the standard (black color) Herelink TX/RX system is manufactured? I am aware that there is a “blue” version that is apparently manufactured in the USA but I’d like to know whether or not the standard version is made in China.

Honestly the only information I’ve seen has been on Freefly’s website where they (quite confidently) seem to claim that the Herelink is manufactured in China and is thus NOT NDAA compliant.

That seems odd to me because I believe Cubepilot/Proficnc have historically claimed they are HQ’d in Australia and do their manufacturing in Singapore. I would appreciate someone clearing this up, not just for me but many others who I am sure are similarly confused.

Thanks,
Zhang Behai

@zekebier Please comment

Hi Zhang,

I’m zeke at NW Blue.

The stock Herelink (black) is manufactured in China, which CubePilot states in their documentation here: US Defence - CubePilot

The Herelink Blue is manufactured by NW Blue in partnership with CubePilot, and is manufactured in the USA with US made and globally sourced components.

NW Blue’s NDAA statement and 889 certification can be found here:

If you have any additional questions, please reach out any time, we’re here to help.
www.nwblue.com

1 Like