Pwm pins dont respond on Cube orange and Kore carrier board

Hi,

I have a Cube orange and Kore carrier board. Initially every pwm pins responded properly. Then I connected a landing gear motor driver from Tarot to main pwm pins on the Kore carrier board. It didn’t work, but turns out now my main pwm pins didnt respond.
I later figured out that the motor driver actually gave out 5v on signal pins (very strange), which has probably caused the main pwm pins to stop responding. Although, I got pwm on Aux pins on the board and the cube+kore carrier board functioned normally. Later I figured that the main pwm pins come through a buffer IC named MC74VHCT125AG which also acts as a level shifter (3v or 5v pwm that is a feature on Kore carrier board). So I checked with a digital multimeter if the IC’s power pins are getting either 3.3V or 5V based on the switch. I figured out that the 3.3V LDO regulator that provides power to the buffer/level shifter IC was getting insanely HOT!!. So I figured out the 3.3V LDO IC number which is MIC5504-3.3YM5 which is a 5v to 3.3v regulator. So the next thing I did was to order both MIC5504-3.3YM5 and MC74VHCT125AG IC’s and replace them on the Kore carrier board. I replaced both the IC’s, but still I do not get the pwm outputs on the main pins.

Can someone guide me in debugging the problem.

I didn’t understand the circuit you described here. Can you sketch roughly and shoot back your query again.