QGC on Herelink / Resume Mission after Battery Swap

Hi All,

QGC for Herelink does obviously not offer the usual actions after battery swap during mission flight like other QGC versions provided?

This feature was very helpful to e.g. resume a mission from the last reached waypoint after battery swap.

Will this feature come back with the next update?

Or does anybody know a workaround?

Thanks and Regards,

Sven

Hi Sven,

a workaround would be to tab on the desired waypoint and choose to jump to this waypoint. A little tricky if you also change camera orientation and waypoint speed within the mission but if you have enough spacing between the waypoints (which I guess is the case if you search row deer fawns with low overlap) it is possible. If you change the waypoint speed during the mission you have to wait untill the first waypoints have been past before choosing the waypoint to continue the mission.

I have done this before when sowing cattail seeds within 3 m altitude - there this does not work well because you cannot zoom in far enough and always hit the wrong waypoint. But I did mange it anyhow. Another workaround for such special cases would be to connect a notebook or tablet as additional groundstation - but only if you do such very special stuff in low altitude.

I hope the feature will be provided with the new update and a new version of QGC. There is a jump from 3.3 to 4, so this is probably anyhow a feature introduced in QGC 4?

I would be interested to see your approach of row deer fawn rescue, we are working on that too (as volunteers and researchers for more than 10 years and as technology provider).

Tobias

1 Like

Hi Tobias,

Excellent. Thank you very much. Actually I never tapped on a waypoint during a mission. If that works it should be easy. Spacing is indeed quite big so that should not be a problem.

Still hope that the “swap features” come to Herelink QGC with the next update.

As to our approach, we do the “SAR“ Job all online, meaning we do not make use of geotagging and offline rescue or such. Stone age approach but works very well for us :slight_smile:

Seems you are working together with Martin. Learned a lot from your research. Thanks.

Regards,

Sven

1 Like

Hi Sven,

thank you very much! Every approach has its advantages and every approach is a good one in this case.

Maybe we could cooperate to improve the abilities of QGC for SAR jobs. I will write to @Michael_Oborne and ask him for a new feature.

Regards,
Tobias

1 Like