SB_0000002 Critical service bulletin for Cubes Purchased between January 2019 to July 2019. DO NOT FLY

Nuttx is not suitable for flight anymore.

No flight is to occur until you are on Chibios

IMG_20190506_165629
I’m getting this error Msg… What to do?

But by default BRD_TYPE is 3 only but it’s showing error that failed to init cubeblack sensor

The same cube which alerted with the message cubeblack init failed sensor is now working well at the next reboot. I done nothing with cube parameters.
It’s safe to fly with this cube

I have to check with more reboot again… Out of 3 reboot one was sucessfull start but other 2 was given waring. How could I take this.

As mentioned, a fresh board may give a false positive message once.

Reboot is required

Hey Philip! Is it safe to fly with 2018 cubes? (Sorry if this question was already asked)

Yes, but still update them with the new parameters

Whats is meaned by flags your code

Will I able to fly like before by installing older version of mission planner and older firmwares?

Absolutely NOT

IF YOUR CUBE IS FAULTY, do not fly, wait for instructions once we are back in production

This is not fresh cube as I was worked 10days ago but nomore compliant before. Randomly it showing this error.

Then do not fly it.

Wait for us to let you know when we are back in production so we can sort you out.

I was holding on to hopes and prayers that my distributor had old stock that is not of concern here.

…but i think i am out of luck. looks like my cube sourced from a distributor is post-Jan19. Due to “CUBE” marking on top and clips instead of screws holding the lid down.

My cube setup has not shown the SB warning in MP, HW IDs match, BRD_TYPE is correct, no “init Cube Black” errors and no INS errors. Which is awesome! But that is all on the bench. Knowing what we know about this fault, is it possible the symptoms will show after some time? maybe simply powered on time with current flowing? or after a few flights?

Letting it cycle hot and cold over a few days, 30 minutes at a time is the best way.

It’s less than 1% of cubes that are affected out of just two batches.

With latest code, if it occurs inflight, it should fail over correctly.

It’s up to you to determine if it is safe to fly

He is refering to Mission Planner providing a warning about this service bulletin. the popup looks like this in mission planner:

…and this in QGroundControl:

1 Like

Roger that. Flight risk is all mine. Im still bench testing cause im anxious about this fault.

Ill power cycle it several times on the bench and see how it goes. :crossed_fingers: Hopefully this will be a no news is good news kind of situation.

Hi I have 2018 version of cube. I just updated to 3.6.8 firmware and chibiOS. By default I had:

EK2_IMU_MASK == 2
INS_USE == 1
INS_USE2 == 1
INS_USE3 == 0    

as I understand It will be safer and better to fly with option:

EK2_IMU_MASK == 7
INS_USE == 1
INS_USE2 == 1
INS_USE3 == 1  

??? So I should change this in my 2018 cube ?

Correct

What do you mean by flags the code

Why you are not releasing the firmare which you tested with multiple imu failure