SB_0000002 Critical service bulletin for Cubes Purchased between January 2019 to July 2019. DO NOT FLY

Thanks!

00000082.BIN (580.9 KB)
Can you please check my todays log because today as soon as I take off drone drifted towards me and hurted me so badly.May be this is due to imu failure.It injured me very badly.Please provide me full detail.

Hello @sumit2002
Kindly start a new topic. This is supposed to be for announcements.

I hope you were not hurt badly.
You haven’t followed any of the instructions given on this topic before flight.
The firmware is Copter 3.6.6 while the fix was made on 3.6.8.
All IMUs are not enabled.

Follow the Instructions given by @philip
I cannot stress on this enough. Also follow more safety guidelines. The flight mode channel is set as 5 but the Flight controller only receives 4 channels from Radio. Also First flight mode is set as RTL and the other as stabilize.

While going through the log I noticed that It is yawing without change in RC4in ( Desired yaw too).

2 Likes

Exactly.

Fly in safe areas! Follow instructions!

I followed all instructions on the safety bulletin. Used Latest mission planner with latest arducopter firmware and also uploaded cube black code but after doing all this everytime my mission planner flags my code. According to instruction I contacted my local reseller but my local reseller asked me to wait until he will get any instruction from the proficnc. I installed some new propellers and motors so to only check them that whether my hexacopter is flying or not I uploaded previous firmware which I was using before grounding report. My motive is to just fly hexacopter 3-4 feet for testing hardware only but after going 1-2 feet it drifted towards me and injured my hand badly. I just wanted to check the hardware by flying 3-4 feet and after that I was going to return the cube to the local reseller but it caused harm to me.

Thanks for your support

Last and small question
Is this happened due to imu failure? And the 2019 cubes which are not affected by the hardware problem are fully safe to fly?

Thanks for your support and thanks Philip because you are so conscious about costumers safety

Your cube was grounded! You knew it, and you flew!!!

Why?

I don’t wanted to fly it. After the news of grounding and knowing that my cube’s hardware is faulty I grounded it. But to only check my new hardware, that all are working, I tested it by flying it only 2-3 feet and as soon as I was going to land it started drifting towards me. I was testing it in open and safe area but got hurt. It is totally my fault

I contacted my local reseller but what to do next

Just deal with them, they will help once we send them new stock

This event was unfortunate but preventable. After reading all of your post & looking at your logs I noticed the firmware version 3.6.6 on your hex, this would be 3.6.8 if you had followed all of the instructions specifically given to you. Also your unit was grounded, so you should not fly at all. You can’t say you followed the instructions in truth. The support time here is valued by all. So please don’t waste their time & don’t let the altitude give us both a bad reputation.

1 Like

Hi Philip, I’ve found a glitch, my cube, as I said, is not grounded becouse the last MP never flagged my code. I’ve runned some tests and everything seens to be Ok.

But, everytime I try to download the DataFlash Logs via Mavlink using USB cabe or telemetry my board starts to act od, the velocity changes, altitude, EKF goes crazy too.
I have to restart the board to normalize things.

Thats is what I have everytime I try to download:
GPS Glitch cleared
EKF primary changed:2
EKF primary changed:1
EKF primary changed:2
EKF primary changed:1
Error Compass variance
Error post vert variance
GPS Glitch
Log download in progress

Please start a different thread for errors that are not related to the service bulletin

Question i got this on boot up
i did run service bulletin when i got it last week looked ok
had 2 flights in old test bed all fine i pulled it out put antenna tracker firmware on it to do some testing setup all the prams reboot all ok un plug it to change the battery
then i got this on boot up

i tried 3 boots unplug no go so i just got the logs of it
then i left it had to go do the school run Lol
when got home plug it in after some hours it booted fine
can this issue be intermittent ?

The issue can be intermittent… once you get the notice, don’t fly it…

How many hours of running on the bench before we could consider it to be safe?

We are not in a position to answer that yet, sorry

When we will know the serial numbers of the Cubes affected, we can’t fly and hope that nothing happens.Thanks.

If you got it this year, there is a risk. That’s as good as we can get at the moment. We are working hard with our full supply chain to get proven product out the door ASAP

1 Like

Hi Philip, thanks for the huge effort.
What happens with the cubes that have definitely been manufactured this year but that do not show apparent flaws or the message of the bulletin02?
Are they safe? Can they be used or should they also remain on the ground?
It is clear that the new parameters must also be applied to them …
But … are they apt to fly?
Thank you!

Does that answer your question?