We collect personal information in two situations:
- We collect information from you when you register on our site and gather data when you participate in the forum by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here.
When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name and e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site without registering. Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the e-mail address.
When registered and posting, we record the IP address that the post originated from. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.
- We also collect and use personal and device information (e.g. GPS details, payload, etc ) to assist you in managing your equipment, to provide data for the services that you choose to use, to provide you with customer support and to better understand our customers.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
• To personalize your experience — your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
• To improve our site and the way our equipment can be used — we continually strive to improve our site and product offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
• To improve customer service — your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
• To send periodic emails — The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your user name, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• To assist you in managing your equipment and to provide data for the services that you choose to use.
• To investigate and respond to any complaints about us including the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
• To comply with our legal obligations
To be able to use your information, we rely on various lawful basis such as consent, contractual necessity, legitimate interest or requirement by law (non-exhaustive list).
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We will make a good faith effort to:
• Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 90 days.
• Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no more than 5 years.
• Retain personal and device information from your equipment no more than [until user deletes it].
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognize your browser and, if you have a registered account, associate it with your registered account.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Transfer of your personal information
We may transfer your personal information to our main locations namely Singapore and Australia which may involve the transfer of personal information to countries which have different data protection standards to those you are subject to. To do so, we rely on permitted data transfer mechanisms such as relying on applicable derogations (e.g. consent, contractual necessity) provided by applicable data protection laws.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Where permitted by law, you may ask us for a copy of your personal information and you may ask us to correct it. In certain circumstances, you have the right to require us to erase your personal information or to transfer it to other organisations. You also have rights to object to some processing of your personal information and, where we have asked for your consent to process your personal information, to withdraw this consent. Where we process your personal information because we have a legitimate interest in doing so, you also have a right to object to this. You also have the right to restrict processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. These rights may be limited in some situations; for example, where we can demonstrate that we have legitimate grounds to process your personal information. We may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. We hope that we can satisfy any queries that you may have about the way we process your personal information. However, if you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to the relevant data protection authorities. You can bring the complaint in the country where you reside or where the alleged infringement of data protection law occurred.
This document was last updated March 9, 2023.