Loosing parameters on Cube Orange

Thank you for the Feedback MadRC, in these cases, we already did the bootloader Update. The message screen Shows also, when we Do it again, bootloader is upto date

I have updated the Bootloader after updating to the latest firmware. My OrangeCube is STILL erasing all my parameters randomly.

This is the last straw. Removing this horrible autopilot and starting from scratch.

This is really not normal, what is the entire setup. Are you 100% all prams are being erased ?

Of happening this is an Ardupilot issue and it needs to be logged if so, have you opened a thread with them ?

Remember the Cube uses open source software such as Ardupilot or PX4. Many issues are related to that software and while some are specific to each autopilot it needs to be logged with the Ardupilot team for them to try and understand. They are here but not as continually as on Ardupilot forum.

People are here to help but we need more info.

@rmackay9 one for your information.

If there are reproducible cases then this is actually very helpful in terms of us getting to the bottom of the issue. The largest problem we’ve had is none of the developers can reproduce it.

If Copter-4.0.5 is on the board then it may help if we can get all the backup param files from the autopilot. This is a feature added by @sidbh to help get to the bottom of this issue. The files are all on the SD card in the APM/STRG_BAK directory which can be accessed using MAVFTP or directly from the autopilot’s SD card. If you do get all these files, can you put them in a zip and link them from somewhere?

1 Like

I’ve attached the files requested. I was using Cube Orange with Kore board, Hexacopter X, Zoon 2.4ghz telemetry, KDE Motors and ESCs, here+ RTK GPS, 6S lipo power.

I have since switched back to Cube Black until the issue is resolved.

STRG_BAK.zip (61.7 KB)

I just wanted to let you know that your STRG_BAK logs were very useful. It has resulted in this PR which we believe will fix the issue:

Thanks for helping!

2 Likes

I Had the same problem in a lot of Cube Orange using with 4.0.5 fw.

I uploaded the file but i dont know if this file was created after or before the reset.
This is a new board, i put the new paramters yesterday, today i make some modifications, when I was going to fly, i plug the battery and the parameters have been reset. This happened several times, with several boards(more in cube orange then black) in different situations, I have about 25 board between cube black and cube orange flying.

ArduCopter.zip (1.1 KB)

@tridge That’s great, I am glad that I was able to help in some way. I admit I was frustrated with my first post after having dialed in a new copter and then I plug it in to go fly and hear that sure sign of param reset of the ESCs beeping at me.

I have a 2nd copter with Orange Cube and the Cube tech support told me to flash Copter-Plane-Rover-Copter firmwares in that order and since I’ve done that I have not had a param reset on that Orange Cube yet. @vinnyferrari maybe try that procedure.

Hi Jimmy, thanks for your help. I did what you said, at first I thought I had solve but about 10 or 15 flights the Cube Orange lost the parameters again… I don’t know what else to do.

Cube Orange BAK.zip (1.2 KB)

This has happened to me 4 times with an Orange using Rover 4.0.0. Finally pulled it off as it was a massive PITA to recalibrate the compass each time. I did the boot loader suggestion and it did not fix the issue…

I was doing all at once esc calibration and I lose all parameters, again, I am really frustrated I have been using a pixhawk 1 with 3.5.7 since 2014 and never one problem.
Cube black (with some time critical service bulletin alert) It’s the second that I change.
Arducopter 4.0.7

Is is not directly related to the Cube Orange it’s self but the H7 SOC and Ardupilot. Tridge and the team have been trying to track it down and there are fixes in the latest beta.

Move to copter 4.1 beta.

1 Like

Had it happen again to my drone today. Running beta firmware is not a solution. Hopefully will get fixed ASAP.

Can you prove logs, @tridge this os one for you I guess.