Need some suggestions

Hi @MadRC @Alvin @philip

Is it safe to do? Please see below about what I am wanting to do with my herelink along with solex tx and herelink original settings

As I will be using seagull #REC, then I would of course like to use the S.bus out settings in the herelink original settings. Also I will be using a script for seagull #REC created by @MadRC.
The script which I want to use :- Seagull#REC Camera Controller Lua Script For Herelink

As I wil be using a gimbal, then I would be doing that gimbal settings in solex tx, not in herelink original settings as I want to use the roll wheel and setting roll wheel to multiple channel as it is not possible in herelink original settings but it is possible in solex tx wheel settings.

Here there are two questions :-

1. If I use the above setup, then I will be using solex tx along with sbus outputs setting of the herelink settings. Note :- I will not be using for, example - A short press in sbus output settings and also a short press in solex settings. I mean that suppose Button C and Button D is configured for zoom in/out with @MadRC script, then I will be using other buttons to control the gimbal through solex.
    The question is that will they interfere with each other though they are in separate buttons.

2. The above thing in @MadRC script for seagull #REC , I want to use roll wheel for zoom in/out, then what can I do? Please help me. Suppose I short press button C, it would control any particular servo output for zoom in in wheel settings and when I short press button D, then I would be controlling the zoom out. Is this possible as the script which @MadRC made was using the short press C and short press D, for zoom in and out so there would be a problem. The problem would be that the whole C button and whole D button was used for zoom in and out and nothings else the button C and D could be used. The whole button would we working for zoom in and out and there will be less buttons for doing other configurations as I will be using a landing gear, etc things. Please help me.

Hi @MadRC @Alvin @philip

Is it safe to do? Please see below about what I am wanting to do with my herelink along with solex tx and herelink original settings

As I will be using seagull #REC, then I would of course like to use the S.bus out settings in the herelink original settings. Also I will be using a script for seagull #REC created by @MadRC.
The script which I want to use :- Seagull#REC Camera Controller Lua Script For Herelink

As I wil be using a gimbal, then I would be doing that gimbal settings in solex tx, not in herelink original settings as I want to use the roll wheel and setting roll wheel to multiple channel as it is not possible in herelink original settings but it is possible in solex tx wheel settings.

1. If I use the above setup, then I will be using solex tx along with sbus outputs setting of the herelink settings. Note :- I will not be using for, example - A short press in sbus output settings and also a short press in solex settings. I mean that suppose Button C and Button D is configured for zoom in/out with @MadRC script, then I will be using other buttons to control the gimbal through solex.
    The question is that will they interfere with each other though they are in separate buttons.
  2. The above thing in @MadRC script for seagull #REC , I want to use roll wheel for zoom in/out, then what can I do? Please help me. Suppose I short press button C, it would control any particular servo output for zoom in in wheel settings and when I short press button D, then I would be controlling the zoom out. Is this possible as the script which @MadRC made was using the short press C and short press D, for zoom in and out so there would be a problem. The problem would be that the whole C button and whole D button was used for zoom in and out and nothings else the button C and D could be used. The whole button would we working for zoom in and out and there will be less buttons for doing other configurations as I will be using a landing gear, etc things. Please help me.

Hi @MadRC @Alvin @philip

Let me have a proper read of this later and get back to you. Mobile at the moment

Thanks for reaching out to me @MadRC . I have read the docs from everywhere and after that I am reaching out to you as it becomes a bit confusing. Please solve my above queries and again thanks for reaching out to me :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

What about your new youtube videos @MadRC How is it going ?

Hi @MadRC Waitinf for your reply for my above queries. Please help me solve it soon…

Ok so

With regards to mixing Herelink Settings outputs, Solex and QGC it’s fine as long as they do not overlap. So for instance you can’t tell Solex and Herelink settings to do the same channel.

Remember Herelink settings is controlling the sbus outputs directly that are mapped to Servo output if your. Choice. Solex is controlling servo outputs directly.

What you can’t do is map an sbus channel to Servo 5 and then tell Solex to use Servo 5 as well.

However as long as then outputs don’t overlap it’s fine.

As for the zoom, the script can’t do as you ask however there is no reason you can’t ignore the scrip element of zoom and instead connect it to an output that you control via Solex and use the button option to change wheel output and have dual use.

I have not tested this my self but rather than use the C&D buttons via the scrips configure it in Solex so one servo output is for the gimbal and another for zoom and switch with a the feature in Solex.

Hi @Madrc

In one of your posts for seagull #REC LUA script, I saw that you used C short press and D short press for zoom in/out instead can I use the gimbal roll wheel ?

The problem is if I use c and d buttons then the whole button is going to be used with scrip. I cannot assign any other function to that both c and d buttons as they are momentary ?

Can we use any other functions with C and D functions along with your script ?

The problem is if I use c and d buttons then the whole button is going to be used with scrip. I cannot assign any other function to that both c and d buttons as they are momentary ?

Can we use any other functions with C and D functions along with your script ? @MadRC Please reply

How should I configure it in solex? Your particular Lua script ?

You can not use momentary fictions with other ones.

If you wanted to use Solex you would need to have a play with the configuration and simply avoid the abut channels I have used for the pickups.

That should be easy as it’s well up the numbers.

Each application is different and you will need to play with the setup on each to get a configuration that works.

I don’t have my Herelink to hand right now as am not home but if I recall I’m not sure using the wheel swap is going to save any buttons, if need to check this but if I recall it still uses two.

Using the scrip would still leave 2 buttons for mode use ect.

So you mean that C and D button are in total use. You cannot assign any other functions to it ?

o you mean that C and D button are in total use. You cannot assign any other functions to it ? @MadRC