SB_0000002 Critical service bulletin for Cubes Purchased between January 2019 to July 2019. DO NOT FLY

I am trying hard Philip. :slight_smile:
Thank you.

Everyone is, I don’t want this thread filled with discussion.

Announcements only please.

1 Like

Hi Philip, the MP doesn’t work on my side. i have checked msi package and zip too. If somebody got the same please update! Thanks!

1 Like

Please make a new topic to discuss any issues with mission planner in the mission planner section, this topic needs to stay on topic

mine keep saying this message…

Do I have damaged one?

Looks like you have not installed the latest copter.
The check is on the Beta copter.

When Ready…I have a few Skywalker airframes I can risk for Airplane Testing within 24 hours and provide logs

Available for testing:
Cube Black
NextGen Airspeed
Here 2
RFD 900x

Thanks!

Same here

1 Like

MP 1.3.65 doesn’t work in my w10 pc
Immagine%201

@Michael_Oborne

@philip Thanks for keeping us all updated. It’s never easy having to deal with a problem like this, but I appreciate your transparency in the matter.

That being said, are there ways that I can verify which cubes are affected? I know that cubes that say “Pixhawk2” are definitely pre-2019. There’s also a “cube” branded cube with screws to hold the cap on, and a “cube” branded cube that uses clips for the cap. I also noticed that on the main PCB there’s a 4 digit number, is that a date code? (I’ve seen 1703, 1723, 1841, 1901) Is there a way to decode by the serial number under the cube?

Thanks again for all your help!

At this point, we are just looking at the software methodology.

The cubes marked “Pixhawk 2” are not in the suspect range.

The cubes marked “cube” with screws holding the lid down, are also not in the suspect range.

Once we have narrowed down the date range, we will add all potentially affected cubes to the auto detect list on mission planner

Do both nuttx and chibios fw are affected, or it’s a chibios only problem?

This is a hardware issue.

But the fix for the redundancy and fault detection is in Chibios.

Nuttx for Ardupilot is no longer supported. Please move to Chibios

yes, as soon as I put the beta copter to my cube

Error message pop up, saying : your board has a Critical service bulletin please see via SPI SCAN

now what should I do?

I will wait until further notice

Did you click the link?

Looks like you’re not on the latest mission planner beta, as it now tells you that clicking the link sends us information about the problem

I have a Pixhawk 2.1 Purchased on 12/28/2018. It says “CUBE” on top and no screws holding cover on.
Upgraded Mission Planner to latest version and then updated to latest Beta.
I fly fixed wing, but I saved my parameters to file and Uploaded Latest Copter Beta.
I just recently had an uncontrollable spin for no reason that I could find in the logs.
I currently have no faults.
I have a few old planes here I can sacrifice as well to test a fixed wing version.

For the plane crash, start a new thread in the Log analytics section, and let’s see what’s going on.

Once a plane Beta goes out, we will want Beta testers.

If you get no errors on the latest Beta, that’s a good sign!

I got the message saying my board has problem…

and there’s a link to this post.

that’s all