Ardurover 4.1.0 Sabretooth and radio configuration

Hello. I am setting up a Cube Orange for my skid steer rover. I am using 12v dc brushed motors and a sabretooth 2x32 speed controller. I am having difficulty getting reasonable control of the motors. The radio (Turnigy 9x) is calibrated and the servo output in mission planner is making sense ie when I push the throttle up and down both servo1 and servo3 move forward and back together and when I turn the steering control the output servos move in opposite directions.

However when I arm the rover the wheels were spin forward at full speed when the throttle stick is in the centered position (about 1500 pwm). When I pull the throttle stick back it goes into full reverse as it gets to the minimum (1000-1100 pwm) with a “dead” zone (very jittery) half way in between at about 1250 pwm. ie the throttle only seems to operating in the bottom half of it’s range (1000-1500pwm).

Any advice much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Stephen

Just a quick note to say this issue is solved. I had set the MOT_PWM_TYP to 4 instead of 0 and I adjusted the PWM servo out ranges. After these changes I could get good responses in manual and acro mode.

Kind Regards,

Stephen