Companion computer recieving duplicate commands when HereLink Blue H7 is in the mix

Good afternoon,

Right now, I have a system which involves a herelink connected to a cube through telem1 and a companion computer connected to the cube through telem2. The companion computer serves as a MAVLink camera.

For this system to work, MAVLink forwarding has to be enabled on both telem1 and telem2.

The one problem I have run into is that the companion computer is receiving duplicate commands from the ground unit whenever the herelink is in the mix.

As an example, if I send a command to take a picture, the companion computer will receive two of those commands.

I think this is a HereLink specific problem, because I am unable to recreate the issue when I have a Telemetry radio connected to telem1 instead of a herelink air unit.

Another strange thing I noticed is that an additional MAVLink component is detected whenever the herelink is in the mix with component ID 100. This might be a red herring, but I wonder if the herelink itself is serving as a MAVLink camera and duplicating camera commands received.

[02:32:40|Debug] Discovered 1 component(s) (system_impl.cpp:564)
[02:32:40|Debug] Component Camera 1 (100) added. (system_impl.cpp:389)

My current system has

Herelink Air Unit ↔ Cube Orange ↔ Companion Computer

Would the right approach be to have the companion computer connected to the herelink via ethernet? I was not able to get MAVLink through the ethernet port on the herelink, so I assume not.

I solved my issue. It was a GCS issue on my end that I solved. Was bound to 14550 for “udpTargetHostPort” when I should have done 15550.