Controlling a gimbal with Herelink

Hello all,

I want to control a 3 axis gimbal with herelink.

I have seen that in the las release, It is possible (In Solex) to use the buttons to map the wheel to different channels. That’s great because I can use the buttons to assign the wheel to different channels and add a pwm range. However, I am scared that If I wan to tilt the camera down, as soon as I will release the wheel from my finger, the camera will tilt up again. Is there any way to use the wheel to tilt the gimbal but it stays and does not come back when the wheel is released.

That was discussed time ago here, I was one of the ones suggesting that this feature would be cool. I wonder if in this release that feature was added or if it would be in the future. Otherwise it would be impossible to control gimbals from Herelink.

Any help?

Thank you in advance.

Same request here. Herelink although a nice controler luck on functionality on controlling gimbals-cameras

Same need here. However, It would be better if it was handled directly on Ardupilot side as a rate mode gimbal control. ( equivalent as angle mode from alexmos )

I’ve added a thread there few days ago about this.

I subscribed to your topic.

Is there any way to know if the Herelink Team is thinking about adding this feature? With that Herelink would be 100% complete. Otherwise, anyone who would need to operate a Gimbal, and I think It would be plenty of people, they will have to stay away and change to other controller. I would not like that at all since I have a big investment in several Herelinks.

Could we open a ticket or communicate with the Herelink team to see if they could help us with that>

Regards

This has been discussed in the background. Normally the Gimbal controller is what allows you to do this however we did discuss it with the team.

It’s something they are exploring. I have also started to look at a Lua that may be able to help too.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer.

Well I think that even with the gimbal controller, In the way HereLink works now, you can tilt up or down the camera with the wheel, but as soon as you release it, the signal in the chanel would come back to 1500 and the camera would come back to the original position.