Cube Orange CRSF (RCIN) on Telem1

Hi All

I need assistance to communicate from my Futaba T12K to a Pixhawk Cube Orange using a TBS Crossfire external radio connected to the trainer port using CRSF. The TBS Crossfire radio system must also send telemetry data to MissionPlanner (ArduPilot) via a Bluetooth (MAVlink) connection from the ground unit.

Test 1 – Using TWO independent radio systems
• Futaba T12K transmitter connected to the Futaba RC receiver (2.4GHz)
• Futaba receiver’s SBUS interface connected to the RCIN on the Pixhawk Cube Orange

• Crossfire air unit Ch 7 & 8 are configured with MAVlink
• Crossfire air unit Ch 7 & 8 connected to the Temem1 port (Serial 1) on the Cube Orange
• Crossfire air unit “RC on MAVlink” is DISABLED

• Cube Orange Telem 1 (Serial 1) protocol set to 2 (MAVlink)
• Cube Orange RCIN interface set to “1” which allows all protocols (including RCIN and SBUS)

• Crossfire ground unit connects to MissionPlanner via BlueTooth. (MAVlink)

I can control all the required functions on the FC while successfully receiving telemetry data via the TBS Crossfire radio link.

During this operation, the radio link quality is at 99%

Test 2 – Using ONE radio system (SBUS)
• Futaba T12K transmitter connected to the Crossfire ground unit via Trainer cable to the RC IN interface.
• The Futaba’s internal radio was disabled and the protocol to the external radio was set to CSRF. This is supported on the T12K in software v4.0A.

• Crossfire air unit Ch 7 & 8 are configured with MAVlink (NO change)
• Crossfire air unit Ch 7 & 8 connected to the Temem1 port (Serial 1) on the Cube Orange (NO change)
• Crossfire air unit Ch 3 configured for SBUS.
• Crossfire air unit Ch 3 connected to RCIN interface on the FC.
• Crossfire air unit “RC on MAVlink” is DISABLED (NO change)

• Cube Orange Telem 1 (Serial 1) protocol set to 2 (MAVlink) (NO change)
• Cube Orange RCIN interface set to “1” that allows all protocols (including RCIN and SBUS) (NO change)

I can control all the required functions on the FC while successfully receiving telemetry data via the TBS Crossfire radio link.

During this operation, the radio link quality is at 99%

Test 3 – Using ONE radio system (CRSF). This is what I would like to use.
• Futaba T12K transmitter connected to the Crossfire ground unit via Trainer cable to the RC IN interface. (NO change)
• The Futaba’s internal radio was disabled and the protocol to the external radio was set to CSRF. This is supported on the T12K in software v4.0A. (NO change)

• Crossfire air unit Ch 7 & 8 are configured with CRSF
• Crossfire air unit Ch 7 & 8 connected to the Temem1 port (Serial 1) on the Cube Orange (NO change)
• Crossfire air unit Ch 3 configured for Ch3.
• Crossfire air unit Ch 3 not connected
• Crossfire air unit “RC on MAVlink” is DISABLED (NO change)

• Cube Orange Telem 1 (Serial 1) protocol set to 23 (RCIN)
• Cube Orange RCIN interface set to “1” that allows all protocols (including RCIN and SBUS) (NO change). This interface is not used during this test.

I can control all the required functions on the FC while successfully
I do NOT receive telem data as the connection never completes

During this operation, the radio link quality is at around 15%

I have been in contact with Futaba who confirmed that they DO support CRSF out from the T12K on the trainer port.

Further, I’ve been troubleshooting with the TBS team for the past two weeks. They suggested I get hold of the FC support form – hence this mail.

Any assistance and suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards
Kobus