Cube Orange Flip during autotune

I went today to perform the autotune to Cube Orange quadcopter, after yesterdays successful flight and solving the issue with voltage readings. I change ATC_RATT_RLL_FLTT TO 10hz and ATC_RATT_PIT_FLTT to 10hz as i run 15 inches props.I took off in Stabilize, then Alt hold, then Loiter, then Pos Hold, all good up to this point. I toggle to Autotune and after a few moments the quad flip to the left and fell from the sky…Unfortunately i dont have a log on the SD card as i had this Bad logging warning and i override the arming so to make the flight. I have though a tlog from mission planer. Can anybody check the Tlog so to make a conclusion?2019-09-28 09-33-07.tlog (385.7 KB)
2019-09-28 09-33-07.tlog (385.7 KB)

What ESC’s are you running?

If you didn’t lower the autotune aggressiveness then that will do it.
have done exactly as you describe in the past.
We live and learn.

Never ever ever bypass arming checks!

They are there for your safety, and the safety of your vehicle.

There is no point even trying to diagnose this without logs…

Most likely issues is esc or prop related.

Do you have signal ground wired to the RC out pins?

Thanks @philip . Its an esc issue. Is there any solution for the BAD LOGGING message. I changed 6 different SD Cards, forma them, re format, in Fat32, exFat but the problem is still there

Bad logging is vary rarely anything to do with the SD card.
What it means is that it failed to log, not that the SD card is bad.

Glad to know you found the esc issue

Ran three Auto Tune sessions today with my Cube Orange and 810mm Hexa using latest 4.0 daily build without incident.

ATC_RATT_RLL_FLTT and ATC_RATT_PIT_FLTT were left at 20, since the documentation has not been updated which refers to ATC_RATT_RLL_FLT and ATC_RATT_PIT_FLT (One less “T”), and some other new parameters ATC_RAT_RLL_FLTD and ATC_RAT_PIT_FLTD which are currently set to 20 as well. I left these alone for now. Normally I would set ATC_RATT_RLL_FLT and ATC_RATT_PIT_FLT to 10 for > 15" props.

I usually run AUTOTUNE_AGGR at .75, but this provided a sloppy tune with P terms < 3, and are normally above 10 for this aircraft. Changing AUTOTUNE_AGGR back to .1 gave me a crisp, very flyable tune.

2 Likes

Still have this BAD_Logging. i reflashed firmware from Copter Cube Orange 4.00 to Plane 4.00 and then back to Copter 4.0.0 Beta, reset parametres and redo calibration. The BAD Looging problem is still there. I have changed a couple of SD cards just to be sure. Is there any chance to be a hardware problem?

I would suggest following up with the ardupilot team, I’m yet to see one of these issues associated with any hardware issues.

But worth following up.

HI all,

That’s happening to me as well and it’s driving my nuts (there are couple of things driving me nuts).

I’ve mounted my brand new Cube Orange in my 450 quadcopter (TBS Discovery) where I usually set two 4S batteries in parallel. The new set up flew nicely, but with some vibrations. After try it time to autotune came… and right before one of my batteries died.

So placed order of a new battery and meantime I’ve run an Autotune using only one of them. Autotune worked pretty fine, but there were no time enough to finish up because ran out of power. Very happy, everything seemed running nice.

When my new battery arrived I’ve put it in parallel in my copter and went off home to run a new Autotune session… which took few seconds before my quadcopter killed itself by flipping over… Only a propeller broken… that one was cheap.

In summary, before 1st autotune, I’ve run some ESC calibrations. 1st autotune went well during the time it lasted (many adjustments for both, roll and pitch). 2nd autotune changing nothing but newbattery and few secound of succesfull stabilice fligh.

I’m wondering whether someone could give me a hint about the issue. Plase, see attached the corresponding log file.

Many thanks!

00000020.BIN (1.4 MB)

Hey Loris. i just checked the telemetry logs from your previous flights but i did not find any issue with pixhawk. either its an issue with your propellers or esc. also before taking a flight do not miss out on the pre arm checks as they are meant to provide a safe and secure flight for your aircraft. thanks.