Cube orange on win10

Hi, i have wrong drivers on win10 for orange cube. On com ports i have cube orange bootloader (com3) and cube orange mavlink (com5) with error message.

1 Like

Is this a new cube ?

They now do not ship with firmware installed.

You can download the latest drivers here http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Tools/MissionPlanner/driver.msi

You should follow this https://docs.cubepilot.org/user-guides/autopilot/the-cube-series-firmware-and-connection-troubleshooting

1 Like

Yes new cube
I downloaded latest drivers et follow your second link. Same problem… Mission planner tell me the firmware is already on the board and i only see com3 cube orange bootloader.

Drivers are still wrong From the sounds of it.

Try installing plane firmware or one of the other ones

Also try Perform a driver flush in Mission planner by pressing Control F and then then flush the drivers. Reboot and install them again.

I try to install copter 4.0.3 official (still installed plane), same message ‘‘no need to upload, already on the board’’. Same with plane 4.0.6 beta.
While doing driver clean, i have no pop up or message telling me it’s done, normal ?

1 Like

Try installing the mission planner Beta from the help screen and at the bottom Click Beta updates.

This still sounds like there is a driver issue but give it a try.

1 Like

Same message with Beta firmaware, i have message telling board found on com3, but com5 unworking disappeared

image|690x387

No more idea ? My reseller told me to open ticket with CubePilot before asking exchange or refund, do you know how to do it ?

One last thing you could try is reseating the cube on the carrier. Other than that I’d return it to reseller and let them test it.

It still sounds like drivers but I suggest they test it for you now.

There is no ticket system for returns and your supplier should be able to sort you out.

Ok, how can i reset cube on the carrier ?

Nobody ?

there are 4 screws in the bottom of the carrier board unscrew them and seperate cube from carrier board the put back together

Thanks, and so ?

1 Like

Here is my success story to loading the drivers correctly. Maybe it will help one of you. I had Windows 7 on my laptop. Its an old laptop but its fast. I participated in the Windows 10 development program. I had downloaded Windows 10 and installed it on this Windows 7 machine years ago. I had used the recovery CD to install it back to Windows 7 after having some issues a while back. After trying multiple times to install the Orange Cube drivers to the Windows 7 OS by using some directions I found on this forum, I gave up. I decided I needed Windows 10 to make this work. To my surprise, Microsoft gave us back the ability to convert our Windows 7 machines to Windows 10, as long as we participated in the Windows 10 development program. They confirmed my eligibility based off some hardware info they recorded from my laptop, MAC address, etc. After installing Windows 10 Pro I still had failures to install the drivers needed to run the Orange Cube, despite following the instructions to a T!
Only this time I noticed the drivers were installing in a different way, meaning they looked different in my Device Manager. I wasn’t sure what I had screwed up. In a last-ditch effort I decided to do a complete operating system restore on Windows 10. I let it run at night as this takes a while. The next morning I finished up the install and completely updated Windows 10 Pro. I downloaded and installed Mission Planner. Using the Ctrl + F function in Mission Planner I cleared Mission Planner’s drivers and closed the program. I then installed the driver.msi file listed in this forum. I rebooted the laptop, after letting the laptop boot up, I opened the device manager, I plugged the cube into a USB port and all of the drivers automatically loaded. The cube is now connected and both com ports are shown correctly in my Device Manager. I hope this helps some of you. Make sure to back up any files you want to keep, I didn’t have any files so I did a complete restore.

2 Likes

@Chris_Goodall . I am already using the windows 10 home OS and still facing the same problem. I have tried the process several times today. any suggestions? Do I need to reboot Win10? If so, how do you do that?

Thank you so much for your information !

I am also facing the same issue.

In my case cube was working properly and I wanted to shift from Arduuplane to Arducopter.
so, just to clean all the parameters I installed antenna tracker firmware in it and since then it has been detecting in the device manager as a com bootloader and com Mavlink(I marked in triangle).

I am getting a Mavlink connection if I connect it via the bootloader com port as an antenna tracker but while flashing firmware it says no response from the board.

EDIT : I TRIED INSTALLING FIRMWARE WITH QGC and it worked