CubeOrange compass caliberation can't complete

Hi,

New CubeOrange with new Here2 which I changed from CAN to I2C.

External compass is #1
When running compass calibration, compass id: 0 keeps on getting to 99% and back to 0%, compass id: 1 completes with success.

I have tried to relax but no success either.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gal

How does the LEDs on Here2 look like?
You can try to re-calibrate after resetting all parameters to default.

1 Like

Hey @gnitzan
That usually happens when you have too much of interference and compass gets inconsistent values. It tries to start from beginning again. Can you share a picture of the setup?

1 Like

Hi,
Thank you all for the information. All is well, I guess indeed it was interference.

When moved a few meters away all went well. And to think I spent 3 hours :slight_smile:

Gal

1 Like

Happy flying! :grin:

1 Like

@Mallikarjun_SE how many compasses r there in cube+its gps? Isnt it better not to use the onboard cube compass to avoid interference by magnetic field of esc wires, like they removed the compass from APM2.5 and added the compass in gps only?

CubeBlack has 2 internal compass and Here2 has one. Yes, it is suggested to disable internal ones if the Cube is close to wires or PDB. You can always take a test flight with stabilize or althold mode and check how compasses are behaving. Then decide on disabling the ones which have interference.