Dead Air Unit - Overvoltage Repair?

I believe I’ve bricked my air unit by giving it a bit more than 12v (3s). Does anyone know what component(s) would have been damaged on the PCB and/or how to repair this?

How many volts did you supply to air unit? It is protected from overvoltage up to 12.6V

I powered it from a nearly fully charged 3s, so pretty much exactly 12.6v. I didn’t see anything that looked messed up on the PCB tho.

Can you check carefully if any chips on the PCB has been damaged?

Also, can you use a multimeter to check whether vsys and GND on the test point are shorted?

I didn’t find any components that looked burned or damaged, but I’ll have to check continuity between vsys and GND when I get back. I’m up in Boston for a few weeks on a work trip:/ Thanks!

Any follow up on this topic?

is there any update i am also facing same issue

the tolorance on an air unit is above 14v, so an 3S is perfectly fine to use.

I have the same problem, I applied higher voltage than 12.6V and I got a short circuit. I called the board and found a thyristor that I successfully replaced. But this did not solve the problem, and I searched further, and found a microcircuit that is damaged. I removed it from the circuit board and the short circuit disappeared, where can I order such a chip and can something else be damaged? Thank you.

Though we have no objection to you repairing that, we cannot supply a part number due to… reasons… (sorry)

But if you contact your reseller, they may be able to ask via more internal channels… tell them I sent you.

The problem is you designed a circuit which have no overvoltage protection than you are surpised that every week you have the same story here. Even the chineese clones of your product have them. The approach which was demonstrated sometime here is sometimes very discouraging to buy your products. Your concurence is developing now also high end products and sometime on higher quality with more willingness to help. Just a reminder that you are not the only one. But definitely one of the most expensive with higher cost than value.

Just a list of my waranty claims:

2x Here 2 - you find a threads here regarding it
1x Air unit - almost caused serious accident
2x Black cube - ended up with crash

Support is very varying from where you buy your products some resellers dont care some of them yes so… please next time do say “its not mandatory to help you but ok we will” just give the information what is requested if it can lead for fixing the unit. Bcs maybe the same person will buy more of your prodects instead of clones of your products.

Not sure what your point is…

2 units out of 40,000…

Black cubes have been out of production for years, but even so, hundreds of thousands of them exist.

We follow up on all issues and help where we can.

We clearly state a voltage range, please follow instructions

Phillip, what is the process to follow to get the air units repaired? I have two units that need repair, one is dead and the other has no SBUS out.

Thank you

@MadRC @philip

Hi Ian, I am longtime subscriber, and actually purchased several Herelink units after watching your reviews. I really like the products but their customer success efforts are nill.

Could you Please advocate for me and try to get the attention of these arrogant businessmen that wont bother to answer us plebe’s? I have two fried air units and I just want to pay get them fixed.

Thank you
Justin

Hi
Any update on this query? I did the same thing in my air unit.