Difference between main out and aux out in pixhawk cube orange

What is the difference between main out and aux out ? Can I also connect my landing gear and my gimbal to the main out pins in the pixhawk cube orange ? If yes, then what should be the settings in solex tx ?

What is the difference between main out and aux out ? Can I also connect my landing gear and my gimbal to the main out pins in the pixhawk cube orange ? If yes, then what should be the settings in solex tx ? @MadRC @philip @Alvin Please help me.

What is the difference between main out and aux out ? Can I also connect my landing gear and my gimbal to the main out pins in the pixhawk cube orange ? If yes, then what should be the settings in solex tx ? @MadRC @philip @Alvin Please help me.

Why are you blasting out a question on every possible subject instead of reading the docs?
Have you actually tried to do any of the things you are asking about?

Yes, already read the docs

“Yes, already read the docs” -Biswajeet Prusty

Apparently not.

https://docs.cubepilot.org/user-guides/autopilot/the-cube-module-overview#system-architecture

Even read the docs which you mentioned @TunaLobster but please explain me more. Can I connect gimbal to S.bus output ?

Main out ?

MAIN OUT and AUX OUT are basically same except the main comes from FMU chip and aux comes from IO chip. So if any chip is dead, their corresponding out will be malfunctioned at that time.
The PWM Outputs session in Cube overview explained this.

SBUSo is the passthrough which redirect RCIN to sbus. Read the ardupilot wiki
SBus Servos — Copter documentation.

s.bus out is an unrelated question to main out and aux out.

maybe start a thread with an overview of your complete system, and describe exactly what you are trying to do.

People on this forum are extremely helpful, but are also time poor, so they need you to do the full research first.

You are correct @philip Maybe starting a new thread could help me a more and also help me understand herelink system as more as possible and thanks for the help everyone. But just one thing if you can clear me if I can use main out 5 in my cube orange and set ch:5 in solex on my gimbal roll wheel, so can I control it because until now in this whole cubepilot forum, I have seen that everyone uses aux outputs but I do not want to use because I want a seagull #REC sony camera controller to be used and also a landing gear along with a three axis gimbal which is not possible so just clear my doubt that is main out on cube can be used to control the gimbal or landing gear as mentioned above ? @philip

Yes main outs can be used for anything that will take a PWM signal, including landing gear, servos and camera triggers. The update rate can be different to Aux out and this can affect some devices though, I personally haven’t actually struck that problem though.

Suppose I use gimbal pitch in main out 5 on my cube, then in solex, the setting will be that the gimbal wheel will be servo : 5 and then I would assign the gimbal wheel pwm value. Am I correct?

yes

1 Like

Thank you for helping me understand herelink. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: