Fail Radiated fields (EMC) - EN61000-6-3

Hello,

We consider working with the Herelink for our drone. We had some issue with previous remote controller with CE compliance so we did some tests with the Herelink to make sure we pass.

The power of the communication seems to change automatically according of the quality of the signal. So the CE tests pass when RC and the air unit are paired. The issue we have is when the air unit does not detect the RC and is transmitting at full power.

It is mandatory that the air unit also pass when no RC is connected as the drone can be powered without the RC to be ON (as all drone I guess)

We try to reduce the power with a command found on internet but is not changing anything:

adb root
adb remount
adb shell setprop persist.sys.d2d.auth.cfg 4
adb shell setprop persist.sys.d2d.tx.pwr.cfg 20,20,20,20

Failed - Test with default settings (persist.sys.d2d.tx.pwr.cfg 23,20,20,20):

Failed - Test with custom settings (persist.sys.d2d.tx.pwr.cfg 10,10,10,10)

Does anyone know how to reduce the maximum power of the air unit ? Or could you share the details of the CE tests ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

No one ?

I think it can be a big issue for most of the company working with this remote controller if it can be CE compliant…

ive replied to you via PM

Hello Michael, as I told Philip, we also have a customer with the same issue.
Can you please assist us?
Thanks

Hi @MatteoGalet,

we succeed to reduce the power with the command below actually:

adb shell setprop persist.sys.d2d.tx.pwr.cfg 20,20,20,20

The changes need to be done only on the remote controller and it will change on the air unit as well.

Thanks, did you figure out why your previous efforts with the same commands were not working?

I think I was trying to change the parameter on the air unit as it is this one I needed to reduced. But it appears you need to change the value on the paired RC to apply the change on the air unit

@Michael_Oborne with the above commands, particularly

the app Herelink Settings will not open and continues to crash.
Restoring the cfg value to 1 works.

What does this value actually do?

Thanks,