Fails to flash FW on Remote

Hi All,

i’m trying to flash FW according to the guide here
https://docs.cubepilot.org/user-guides/herelink/firmware-releases#v-0-2-2
the remote is getting into flash mode but than the execution of flash files fails
any idea how to solve it?

The issue is that your folder name has a space in it… that’s all

1 Like

Solved!
Thanks Philip!

1 Like

I don’t think i have the exact same problem, as i’m flashing from my desktop, but i am able to get most of the way though the air unit flashing process until i get to β€œflashing system”, at which point it will fail somewhere between 20 and 50%. I’m at a loss, as it sees the unit, and seems to be starting the flash, but at this point i’m stuck in inter-firmware hell…

Outputs are below, any help would be incredibly helpful.

chris@MintMachine:~/Desktop$ sudo ./flasher_linux
Looking for Device…
Found Unit Type: airunit

Downloading required package…
Latest airunit release: AU01200226
Downloading Latest Release from https://herelinkfw.cubepilot.org/airunit-AU01200226.tar.gz
Package already downloaded!
Successfully download package
Extracting package…
100%|β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ| 20/20 [00:15<00:00, 1.32it/s]
Successfully extracted package
Flashing Unit…
DO NOT DISCONNECT!!
Flashing partition: 100%|β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ| 213/213 [00:00<00:00, 1.05MB/s]
Flashing persist: 100%|β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ| 4.30M/4.30M [00:00<00:00, 55.8MB/s]
Flashing oem: 100%|β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ| 4.56M/4.56M [00:00<00:00, 56.8MB/s]
Flashing boot: 100%|β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ| 21.7M/21.7M [00:01<00:00, 14.6MB/s]
Splitting Sparse Partition system.img @ /tmp/tmptbwer8rp
Flashing system 1/10: 54%|β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–Š | 30.0M/56.0M [00:00<00:00, 39.8MB/s]Traceback (most recent call last):
File β€œsite-packages/adb-1.3.0-py3.8.egg/adb/common.py”, line 175, in BulkWrite
File β€œsite-packages/libusb1-1.7.1-py3.8.egg/usb1/init.py”, line 1546, in bulkWrite
File β€œsite-packages/libusb1-1.7.1-py3.8.egg/usb1/init.py”, line 1517, in _bulkTransfer
File β€œsite-packages/libusb1-1.7.1-py3.8.egg/usb1/init.py”, line 133, in mayRaiseUSBError
File β€œsite-packages/libusb1-1.7.1-py3.8.egg/usb1/init.py”, line 125, in raiseUSBError
usb1.USBErrorTimeout: LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT [-7]

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File β€œflasher.py”, line 275, in
File β€œflasher.py”, line 165, in flash_all
File β€œflasher.py”, line 221, in flash_img
File β€œsite-packages/adb-1.3.0-py3.8.egg/adb/fastboot.py”, line 289, in FlashFromFile
File β€œsite-packages/adb-1.3.0-py3.8.egg/adb/fastboot.py”, line 325, in Download
File β€œsite-packages/adb-1.3.0-py3.8.egg/adb/fastboot.py”, line 137, in HandleDataSending
File β€œsite-packages/adb-1.3.0-py3.8.egg/adb/fastboot.py”, line 197, in _Write
File β€œsite-packages/adb-1.3.0-py3.8.egg/adb/common.py”, line 178, in BulkWrite
adb.usb_exceptions.WriteFailedError: Could not send data to first 9459afd5 (timeout 10000ms): LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT [-7]
[21688] Failed to execute script flasher

Anybody? I tried flashing from windows as well, but no luck there either. I figured if my unit were bricked it wouldn’t get halfway through the firmware flashing. Unfortunately in windows it wouldn’t even start the update process. There’s few things i hate more than β€œeasy” products that turn into endless nightmares. I’m beginning to think Herelink just isn’t worth the headache.

Have you got another pc you can try.

Also try installing the Android Platform Tools with its drivers.

https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb

Thanks Ian, i’ll try that on my windows machine. It doesn’t seem to make any difference whether or not i have power applied to the air unit (i know we are supposed to have power applied). I have tried with my mint linux machine and my wife’s windows machine, and gotten to the 3/10 firmware flashing step on linux, but windows kept identifying it as a hard drive. I’ll try the install on there as well, but am suspicious as the process is just failing halfway thought…

I tried again on the windows machine and the flasher worked correctly. I may have tried to execute from the extract previewer vs doing the extract and then running it. The units are at least talking together now, so i can hopefully get flying soon with it. Thanks again Ian!

this is most likely a bad usb cable. please try another

I have had the same problem when flashing both the hand unit and the air unit. As suggested above, a shorter higher quality USB cable completely solved the problem. Likely the communication rate is too fast for the provided cable.

Hi, @MadRC I have tried changing the PC’s but it is always showing the error β€œFailed to execute script Flasher”. Kindly suggest to me any other means to solve this error.

I am having the same error sir. what is the folder name?
my error is showing as β€œFailed to connect to herelinkfw.cubepilot.org 443 timeout”
Can you please suggest to me the right full way to solve it?