Flytron Led Strobe Light Interference

Hi everyone, I hope this is the best place to post this. Anyhow, I installed two Flytron strobe LED light (on separate BEC), and I have noticed they interfere with the motor. Multiple attempts have been made to locate them as far away from the motors and the Cube, but same results.

The drone flew fine without the lights plugged in. Once plugged back in, two motors will pulse in cadence of the strobes flash. Please help, it might be an oversight on my part.

Thanks in advance!

Well, it looks like the post never got any traction. I moved the strobes about 36mm away from the motors and that fixed the weird pulsing motors.

Shielding or a different path to controlling the LEDs might help. Curious to know more if you’re willing to explain.

It could be that twisting the strobe wiring would help, plus adding an electrolytic capacitor to the power inputs directly on each strobe circuit board would help.

There’s some good reading here

Thanks everyone for your responses! I ended up moving the strobe away from the motor and routed it on the outside tube. I didn’t like how it looks, but it alleviated the glitch interference.

1 Like