General question about updating firmware on the Cube

I recently setup a new Cube Orange. I installed new firmware (Copter v4.0.5) on a new Cube that came without any firmware installed, rather than upgrading existing firmware that was currently operating on the Cube. I then went through the Copter setup in Mission Planner in the order presented. Once I had everything setup, I saved the parameters to a file to be able restore them.

Today I updated the firmware to Copter v4.0.6. I then restored the parameter file I had saved. Do I have to go back through any of the Mandatory Hardware configuration/setup again?

Thanks.

The ardupilot firmware upgrades also convert any parameters to a new format if required, so there’s usually no need to backup and restore after the upgrade. But it never hurts to be sure.
There’s some read-only parameters that you cant overwrite too, but they are system generated and not important to calibration, tuning etc.
From your saved set of params you could just do a compare after the upgrade:
MissionPlanner -> Full Parameter Tree -> Compare Params (button in right margin)

Best to also do the boot loader update on the Cube Orange

Continuing the discussion from General question about updating firmware on the Cube:

I need help finding someone who i can hire to program my Tarot x6 drone and herelink transmitter. I live in Dallas area. Can you point me in the right direction. [quote=“Chuck26287, post:1, topic:5683, full:true”]
I recently setup a new Cube Orange. I installed new firmware (Copter v4.0.5) on a new Cube that came without any firmware installed, rather than upgrading existing firmware that was currently operating on the Cube. I then went through the Copter setup in Mission Planner in the order presented. Once I had everything setup, I saved the parameters to a file to be able restore them.

Today I updated the firmware to Copter v4.0.6. I then restored the parameter file I had saved. Do I have to go back through any of the Mandatory Hardware configuration/setup again?

Thanks.
[/quote]