Having trouble getting HerePro RTK Base connected to MP

I have been using the HerePro on my UAS for a bit now and want to run RTK with another HerePro, but I am having problems with getting connection in Mission Planner to the HerePro base unit.

Things I have done so far following the HerePro manual for the base station are:

Updated the HerePro to the latest software.
Changed the SerialPass to 1 under the parameters tab and pressed Write Parameters and Commit Parameters.
Opened Mission Planner and selected RTK/GPS Inject.
Selected the second COM port and made baud rate 38400.
Unchecked the send NTRIP GGA and checked both of the check boxes for the M8P and F9P per the manual.

Every time I try to connect I get the error below(screen shot attached)

I am not sure what to do next? Is it a driver or Windows error?

Or maybe I am doing something wrong?

Still having trouble with getting the base unit working. I have run the Here 3 RTK base with no problems, but cannot seem to get this to work. Could I be hooking it up, wrong? I am running it thru the USB cable that it comes with and I see two COM ports in MP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@Alvin
@philip
@rmackay9
@Michael_Oborne

Thank you.

Did you power the HerePro properly? The USB alone is not enough.

Yes, I am powering it with a 6s battery.

Thank you, Alvin.

Did you try the first COM port?

I have tried both COM ports and I will do a quick video in my next post explaining it all.
Attached are two screenshots of the updated firmware and SerialPass to 1.

Here is a short video. Thank you.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o7Xz8Dk58apYFw8etM3EcI9WXmP86l7i/view?usp=sharing

Thoughts?
@Alvin

I would try a few other baud rates, in the rtk screen

Also
Can you set

CAN_NODE to 9

I will try that on Monday.

Thank you, Michael!

@Michael_Oborne

Came to work to try it and changing CAN_NODE to 9 made it work.

Thank you very much, Michael!

@Alvin @Chris can we update the docs to make sure BASE MODE includes CAN_NODE being set? and unset for mode other than base mode

Got it and updated.

Is this the same on the new HerePro as I am having issues with getting base to work ?

im not seeing this setting mentioned it in the Pro manual?

I am also only seeing 1 serial port with the new pro and can’t get it to connect in RTK/inkect

Setting Serial-Pass1 = 1 and when connecting with correct baud it connects and shows some data but no messages and nothing else.

I have tried setting the Can-Node to 9 to test but still no change.

@Michael_Oborne

@MadRC if you update HerePro to latest release here Release v1.12 · CubePilot/GNSSPeriph-release · GitHub And then following parameters B_* need to be configured as needed. GNSSPeriph-release/AP_Periph/GPS_Base.cpp at release · CubePilot/GNSSPeriph-release · GitHub They will appear in mission planner config, once you connect HerePro over USB Com

For PPK, you can even get UBX logs on HerePro.

FYI, there is a neat little progress display through HerePro LEDs as well :slight_smile:

Can I use HerePro as a mobile RTK Base to help my drone land on the back of a truck? I was thinking of using an orange Cube on the truck to power the base.
What do you think?

@John_Leon You should be able to use Herepro as a base directly by connecting it to a laptop over USB using HerePro USB Adapter board. You can connect directly to Mission Planner and have access to various settings to setup base through parameters. Once setup it can be used as a base using these steps RTK GPS Correction (Fixed Baseline) — Copter documentation. HerePro can be powered directly using 6V to 40V power supply. You should not be required to use Cube to power it.

Absolutely can be used as base with the latest firmware. It will needed to be updated probably but once done should be all good.

1 Like