HereFlow Lidar + TFMini Serial

Hi

I have 1 TFMini sensor to the front of the drone and the Lidar from the HF to the ground distance.

At the moment I set up the HF lidar on the rngfnd2.type, I can see both distance on the rangefinder1 and rangefinder2.

But after reboot the cube, the TFMini disapear.

I have change the order of the rngfnd1 to 2 or 3 but still not workink.

Any trick to make both work?

@Anubis @philip

Thanks!

The HereFlow is a CAN device, right? If it is detected when you set it up but not after a reboot, that sounds like an ArduPilot bug. Probably something to do with how the device drivers detect and enumerate the devices. The CAN interface is pretty new so there are probably still some bugs.

Maybe try posting this on the ArduCopter forum, or open an issue in the github repo.

Yes HF is CAN, tfmini serial.

I encoutered the same issue.
I have 2 tf-mini ( serial ) working ok. As soon as I activate the UAVCAN hereflow lidar ( rangefinder3 here ) , booth rangefinder1 & 2 ( tf-mini ) stopped working.
If I disable the rangefinder3, tf-mini get back to operationnal.

1 Like

@philip, can you give it a hand with this? thanks

More information on this issue. Enabling hereflow rangefinder after booting with it disabled , and TF-Mini enabled works. But then on next reboot TF-Mini will not be functional.

I run a TFmini+, LW20 and a HF. Never encountered this problem.

I’m on the latest dev firmware4.1. Is everyone else on 4.0.x?

I’m on latest stable. Btw TFMini+ is I2C not serial isn’t it?

To temporary solve this issue, is it possible to enable RNGFND3 ( my Hereflow here, 1 and 2 are serial tfmini ) by using scripting ?
I’d like to boot with RNGFND3_TYPE disabled, wait everything to start , then change the RNGFND3_TYPE to UAVCAN.
This works manually, I’d like to automate this at each startup.
Can this be achieved using lua scripting on Cube black ?

Little update.

I’ve upgraded to latest dev 4.1, and now bug is gone.

Thx for the tip @Vosair

1 Like

well i have the same issue, i tried both 4.07 and 4.1 but no luck.
since i am using here3 gps, there is no chance disabling the CAN BUS. i have a tf luna module. it wont work with serial and i2c both.
losing the i2c bus is a huge disadvantage. course now i cant connect any of the rangefinder sensors to the cube.
any workarounds for this?
thanks.