Herelink Air Unit Firmware Corruption

V. important that you must upgrade the Air link unit as well for the Herelink telemetry system to work . I just upgraded to the latest stable release three weeks ago ! Video stream is perfect except it freezes if you start recording !!

sibujacob
SJ

dtd4485

1m

V. important that you must upgrade the Air link unit as well for the Herelink telemetry system to work . I just upgraded to the latest stable release three weeks ago ! Video stream is perfect except it freezes if you start recording !!

mine was upgraded three weeks ago. Please note that you require to upgrade the Airlink unit too else the telemetry part will not work . I too have a Pixhawk Orange

By the herelink telemetry system, do you mean the Herelink Controller? I have the latest firmware. After installing the BRU firmware I had to update the controller again (asked for product key and all)

Let me know if I am missing something @sibujacob

I put the Herelink Controller into Fastboot mode and used flasher_win to update the firmware.
I then powered the controller on and downloaded the latest software update via WiFi.
I powered on the air unit and updated the firmware using flasher_win, and received a success message.

Am I missing anything?

AAU01210729 Is the lastest firmware for the air unit. So this should not be the reason for the issues you have :thinking:

You could try updating the air unit once more. It can be done via the Herelink settings app. There is a menu for the air unit settings and updating.

We are running the latest on the Air Unit and the GCS and seeing the same things as you, @austin.
We are using the Orange Cube.

2 Likes

Running AAU01210729 and the latest GCS firmware as you have to or it won’t pair. We pair and use it for 6 or 7 times and then we lose telemetry, but it is still paired. Only way to get it back is to re flash the air unit firmware and works again.

2 Likes

Right… I had telemetry go out 5 times on one unit yesterday alone… very frustrating in the field when flying my Lidar to map… Maybe @Michael_Oborne @Alvin @MadRC could help with this. There are multiple cases of this on the cubepilot discussion.

Seems to be a critical issue for myself and others.

I never had this issue so far. Using the latest Herelink firmware since it was published as beta.

I am on Arducopter 4.0.7

Which version are you guys working with?

Given the issues you and others have, I am reluctant to update……

I am on the latest Arducopter Stable 4.1.1 and according to @dtd4485 downgrading the firmware makes no difference

@Sven how many units are you using the herelink on? What kind of power supply are you using? I am using a 12V supply with 30W of available power.

I am using 2 Herelink units.

Both are on arducopter 4.0.7 and latest Herelink stable firmware.

They are powered with 12V from a Mauch 017 - PL 4-6S BEC.

We are running 6V. We have not seen a problem in the past with over 50 units running at this voltage, but I guess it could be a problem now. Not sure.

6V with a 14 amp regulator…so plenty of watts available.

I do know that it’s supposed to be a 7-12v supply despite the docs.

@austin
What is your supply voltage?

12v coming from a apd360 pdb rail

Hi,

You have to update the Airlink unit which is inside your Copter. Also do not update the Airlink unit thro the Herelink GCS. Update it thro’ the PC thro’ USB. This is much more reliable.

Hi,
Actually I am running on the stable release. I never tried the Beta version . The stable is good to go except you have sometimes the video stream freezing while recording but not always…The video switches ON very quickly. Well my HDMI is coming from a Raspberry Pi 3 A+ companion computer