Herelink Air Unit not Pairing with Ground Unit

Hey,

So I was trying to pair my air unit to my ground unit for the first time.
I was running 5.22V (checked voltage with multimeter) from the Airbot Cube Carrier Board/PDB (https://www.airbot-systems.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/AS-Mini-Carrier-board-Pinout-v1.2.pdf) RC_IN using a servo wire that I split into a positive and ground lead going into the 5-12V Power port while the signal and ground went into the S.bus port… I’m not sure if this caused a short or something by using a common ground…

The LED1 or LED2 lit up briefly while I tried to pair the Ground and Air Unit then nothing. I tried updating the firmware for both the ground and air unit but the air unit is unresponsive and I’m beginning to fear the worse. It was such a low voltage and it didn’t even feed into the S.bus port if you take a look at the connector I made.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

-Roger

RCIN is designed for very basic RC Receivers not companion computers like HereLink.
Please give it its own dedicated supply

I’ve added a new service bulletin in response to this

So you don’t think I damaged the Air Unit by doing this? Based on this connector I made.
I’ve tried powering on the unit via micro usb and it has been unresponsive. Thoughts?

I can’t see how, but try it on external power.
The ideal power source is a 2S battery

Hello,

I have a new Herelink that I am trying to pair the Remote with the Air Unit. Every time I put the remote and air unit into pairing mode I get a " Negotiation timed out, try again" message on the remote.

1. The air unit is powered by a 3S battery and only had the antennas connected.
  2. Both the remote and the air unit have been updated according to the Herelink User Guide.

I could use some input. Most of my searches have been fruitless so far for a solution.

Thanks,
Adam

Please open a new topic rather than raising your problem on other’s discussion

For your case, please try to reflash both controller unit and air unit with flasher again.

Can do thank you. I have tried to reflash with no success. I will open a new topic and put the details of that in there as well.

Hi did you come right with this, I am also haveing the same issue, and have rebooted and loaded firmware. still nothing. please help

Me too…brand new units will not pair.