HereLink and RTK

We have had success using the Here+ RTK with the Herelink. Our setup looks like this:

RTK ground unit > USB > laptop running Q-Ground control > WiFi > HERELINK ground unit with hotspot enabled.

As others have said, it takes a few minutes for RTK to get GPS lock.

It would really be nice if there were an RTK ground unit that could connect directly to the Herelink without the need for another computer. But it’s workable as is.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming that setup works! Very helpful for us. Have you tried it with Mission Planner instead of QGC?

@philip Has there been any progress on the wifi rtk base?

1 Like

Sorry for not getting back sooner. Yes, we’ve used MP as well with no problems. We’re just using QGC for the streamlined look/feel for our end users.

Interested in this as well.

Via mission planner it works

Hello to everybody,

I am currently integrating a multirotor which will have cube autopilot and herelink as telemetry and control link. I would like to include RTK in the system, not sure about here or emlid at this moment. After reading the forum, my understanding of the situation about rtk integration with herelink is:

• Here RTK cannot be directly connected (via USB) to the herelink controller.
  • The working set-up consists on connecting Ground Here RTK to a laptop which shares network with herelink controller, and using MP to manage the connection.

If my understanding is not so wrong, my question is: what is the purpose of the mission planner software? Does it perform some kind of data processing or it is working as a serial-udp bridge? If it were the case, could I do that task with another kind of software (and, lately, in another kind of hardware such as raspberry pi or similar)?

Thanks in advance to everybody