Herelink Beta Update May 2020

@ abelmartinez90
I will soon own a HereLink system
1-what you suggest I should use? Solex or QGC
2-I am really confused, ppl are complaining about the new firmware updates, etc… i don’t understand if the newer version has problems, like long press button issues etc… then why don’t people revert back to older and stable versions? or is it not possible after the newer beta version is installed?

Plz reply…

Hi guys,

Today I make my first flight.
I take off my Nimbus VTOL in QLOITER mode and was looking good. It was very steady and was listening accurately to movements of Herelink.

I increase elevation to 40meters above ground and i switch to “CRUISE” flight.
During flight I get the following Failsafes multiple times:

• Failsafe Long Event on: type2 / reason = 3.
  • Failsafe Long Event on: type1 / reason = 3.
  • Failsafe Long event off: type 3/ reason = 5.
  • Throttle Failsafe On.

Nimbus was switch automatically to LAND.
I attach my Log file here.

It is clear that Herelink was loosing connection with the airunit. Im trying to find out what was the problem…

Those Failsafe are caused because of losing the connection with the Radio. I’m I correct?

Might this happen because of wrong battery calibration OR bad cable connection OR wrong Antenna placement?

Any advice?

Thank you.

Solex doesn’t stream vehicle GPS location. How to enable current consumption on solexTX?

1- Well, with the new firmware updates, QgroundControl lost many of functions related with the button configuration. I changed to SOLEX, and is working fine, or maybe even better. The only thing is that you will have to get used to a new app. Looks like the future of HereLink development will be around SOLEX and not QgroundControl.

2-Yes we were complaining because the previous firmware release was a disaster. But the last one is really good, close to be perfect soon, in my opinion. No you can not come back to a previous version of the firmware.

Regards

Do you mean the % of battery as a function of the mAh consumed? It will appear in the HUD view, I reported before that would be cool to have it included in the vehicle view as well. I hope they will fix it in the next firmware release.

No. Current consumption in amperes.

Thanks for the reply
U r talking about QGC or Solex here?

1 Like

I was talking about the last firmware release.

firmware release for who? Solex or QGC

1 Like

Herelink

I have checked my locally on Solex and I’m getting vehicle’s location fine.

This is on a rover build but nothing special about it

hi guys!
trying new herelink beta, here. Today first flight after bench test. Just one (dumb?) question: would it be possible to customize solex app? Like logos, etc? Is it open source as well? I didn’t find it in the usual githubs

1 Like

No idea why. I tried everything possible. It works on QGC but not SolexTX

1 Like

@kellyschrock any reason some are not seeing gone point in Solex, it’s working for me but not sure.

1 Like

just come back from first flight. I got nearly 2km. all gone straightforward. Good job, dev team, i feel it’s a real product which can go in unexperienced hands, after some little tweaks.

poblems i found:

• i tried image feed sharing through wifi, to my laptop with Qgroundcontrol. It works at moments, then sometime image freezes or even doesn’t come up (while it’s ok inside herelink)
  • sometime, closing solex and going to QGC then back, you lose image (it waits for video forever. Not telemetry or control) and you never regain it until next reboot of both ends
  • RSSI is not working in solex, i’ve always got full signal indicator, then the other one in the dropdown which is working though, gives a different (real?) signal level

Hope my suggestion are useful

edit: i tried second camera input, and it works either! good.

1 Like

Hi Steve.

On 2: video switching between apps it’s strongly advised not to swap between apps when in use as this can happen. QGC does not like to let go of the video as often when you close the app it’s not actually fully closed.

You can get around this by forcing close QGC from the settings menu and Apps.

Basically this is caused by QGC continuing to run in the background, you have to totally end the service in the background as well.

Hi Ian, the GPS point in Solex should be visible any time there’s a valid GPS coordinate available from the vehicle.

Hi Mallikarjun_SE.

As for showing current consumption, you’ll just need to use a battery monitor that enables current monitoring. In that case, you’ll see current consumption in the top bar if the battery monitor is reporting current draw greater than 0A. I use this all the time and know it works. The battery monitor I’m referring to is documented here: https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/parameters.html#batt-monitor-battery-monitoring

Hey! Of course I use battery monitor with voltage and current sensor. It shows on MP and QGC. So it’s not related to that.
Thanks.
Regarding GPS location of vehicle is not showing up, I checked both indoor and outdoor with upto 18 sats. It doesn’t work for some reason. It shows up on MP and QGC with UDP connection.
Works on QGC on Herelink too. Doesn’t work on solexTX for some reason.

Hey @kellyschrock @sidbh
Any idea why GPS isn’t streaming on solexTX?