Herelink - Button Mapping - Sorry, I don't get it

How to setup a three axis gimbal with the herelink and pixhawk cube orange ? Please explain me the whole setup as I am confused along with the wiring and programming. My requirement is to use solex tx app in herelink and use the wheel of the herelink ground unit to control the pitch, yaw and roll of the camera.

Please explain me how to do it step by step or if you have a manual or user guide, then please send me the link. Like by short pressing button A, I want the pitch of the gimbal to be controlled by the wheel of the herelink ground unit. Then short pressing the B, I want to control the yaw axis of the gimbal by using the wheel of the herelink ground unit. At last I want to use the C ( short press ) button for the control of the roll axis of the gimbal through the wheel of the herelink ground unit. I mean that the same wheel should be used to control the three axis of the gimbal. Please explain me step by step the wiring and software setup process. @MadRC @philip Please help me with it.

1 Like

We should leave the channel by default, ( You mean that the value should be set for 0 ? )

Button setup for camera trigger in Qgroundcontrol in herelink does not work. Sir can you please tell me how to do that ?

Hi @MadRC, what is the update about QGC, I still can’t configure Long Press and Short Press in QGC in HereLink.

Use the settings app

Hi Can someone clarify?

1. Button mapping function in “Radio Status” Should be used for SBUS channel mapping ?
  2. To change flight modes Solex app mavlink “Vehicle mode” should be used ?
  3. SBUS channel selection in Solex app in “Button Mapping” “set servo” doesn’t work in the newest version of firmware and Solex app (1.3.2)?
  4. “Wheel Settings” in “Button Mapping” in Solex App doesn’t work ?
  5. Long Press of Home button also doesn’t work in Solex ?

The radio settings app button configs are providing PWM outputs on channels via SBus. The button configurations in other applications (like QGC) are mavlink messages.
Use the radio ones if you want long press actions.
It can be very confusing if you use both types of setup so decide on which works for you best and then implement all on one scheme. (Or one scheme per button)
Advantage of the SBus buttons is that you do not need an app running to execute the button function.

1 Like

That’s nice that PWM via Sbus is working by app in trey but still in Herelink there is only one wheel and it’s needed that it could be used with to channels. Such functions were working with Solex via Mavlink now they doesn’t work.

So the herelink that is used with Astro Drone, I’m finding the Solo TX app does not open like its broken or something, I was hoping to be able to switch the gimbal wheel we have on herelink between two channels that are connected to gimbal for tilt and pan on again separate channels, this way users who fly single operator missions have the ability to put the gimbal in lock mode and are able to control pan and tilt independently using the wheel and a button.