Herelink cannot register device

Hey Guys,

Sorry to revive this thread - but I am also unable to register my herelink. Tried multiple IP addresses, 192.168.0.X, 192.168.10.X, and 10.10.130.X. None of them worked. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

1. wifi is good
  2. time and timezone are correct
  3. the wifi ip your route assigns is not in the 192.168.0.x range.

Yes - I have verified the WiFi works, time/timezone is correct, and my router is currently assigning on the 10.10.130.x range.

I have pretty much tried everything at this point - so maybe the code is incorrect?

I bought it through Amazon (USA) - so not sure who my contact vendor should be.

PM me the key and the device serial number from the about phone screen

Hi, I’m having some troubles with this as well. I tried connecting to wifi hotspot from my phone, but my device doesn’t show up on the Herelink list. What else should I try?

What do you mean by “Herelink list”?

Purchased through Amazon if that means anything. Cannot register the key. I can connect to wifi at work, but it says it cannot register device. I’ve tried using my phone’s hotspot, but the hotspot doesn’t show up on the list of networks on the remote. Not sure if the wifi or the key is the issue here.

What is the IP address of of the computer you are using? Your phone hotspot will not work.

Herelink only connects to 5GHz wifi

Also, check the FAQ
https://docs.cubepilot.org/user-guides/herelink/herelink-faq#herelink-register-failure

Ended up having to sit right next to the modem to get it to work but it finally went.

Another possibility is that the region setting blocked some of the wifi band, thus not seeing some of the wifi signal.
You can solve this by changing region setting to US, then change it back. Reboot may be needed.

Hi All, Having problems with registering, getting the “Cannot Register your device”. This is my second Herelink unit, the first unit came new from 3dxr in the UK and registered fine with no issues. I had the opportunity to buy a second unit which I wanted as a backup. It was second hand and bought privately, I’ve checked the date and time and my IP address 192.168.1.113 but I think I may have a bad key, the issue is I bought the unit second hand so I don’t know who the original vendor was, the unit came with the “Keep the key forever sticker” stuck to a piece of the box cellophane, the previous owner had never updated the firmware so I think it is probably the first time this key has been tried. Not really sure where to go from here. Any help appreciated. Thanks James

Same issue here - ‘device cant register’ message after updating, about two years since I last updated it and I seem to remember it was a bit tricky then. SN code is the same one it came with from 3DXR - Lucky I kept the box! Code is good as it says if not? IP I’ve managed to get outside 192.168.0 range by a lot of mucking about. Maybe I’m being daft but why does it need a key code to connect to the server and run the updates - after all it can read the serial and MAC code details once the server connection is made?

Hi All,

I’ve been attempting the solution for registering my herelink and I’m not getting anywhere with it. I have updated the firmware via usb to my PC using the Flasher_win.exe. The firmware successfully updated via this method. I have a 5G wifi in the house, which the Herelink successfully linked to (IP is 10.0.0.93). The signal strength is excellent on the wifi. I have made sure that the timezone is correct for the unit. On the registration screen I have entered the 16 digit key code which is on the back of the Herelink unit, and the unit says: “Cannot Register your device”. Would someone at CubePilot be able to check on whether the key is still valid?

Thanks
Graham

pm me the key you are trying

1 Like

hi) pls answer me in pm, I have the same problem