HERELINK - Compatible camera list

Can you advice on what hardware was the new firmware tested upon.
Also kindly advice whether there is any difference in installation procedure.

WTF!!! so herelink works with a raspi zero but no video support for raspi 3… Jesus the inconsistency of this product all i want is a GD pilot camera to work for more then one update cycle@!!!

what can i use for a pilot camera that works!!! ive got so much wasted money wrapped up in gopros, raspberry pis this is freaking stupid… who wants this system im about to sell this trashcan.

how do i get the raspi to just boot to the camera output? and do i need the raspi image that has the full desktop on the raspi zero or what??? only one i can get to work is with desktop… for the love of god all i want is a damn pilot cam. should have stuck with dji system.

Hi

Can understand your frustration…i used to be on DJI Mavic 2 pro before I moved to Parrot Anafi Thermal.
The Herelink has its own ups and downs. It is also depended on the sequence of installation and sequence of operation.
Raspi ( any version) must work out of the box. I have tested it on Raspi 3 but unfortunately the system is not with me now :slightly_smiling_face:
Regarding the booting your python code at startup, you can use the following link
Five Ways to Run a Program On Your Raspberry Pi At Startup

1 Like

Just sharing my config to send raspberry pi video to Herelink here

Using raspbian/raspberry pi os. You have to fix the output resolution to 1080p. Auto-detection won’t work.

cd boot
sudo nano config.txt

Original Modification
#disable_overscan=1 disable_overscan=1
#framebuffer_width=1280 framebuffer_width=1920
#framebuffer_height=720 framebuffer_height=1080
#hdmi_force_hotplug=1 hdmi_force_hotplug=1
#hdmi_group=1 hdmi_group=1
#hdmi_mode=1 hdmi_mode=34
#hdmi_drive=2 hdmi_drive=2
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/config-txt/video.md

It doesn’t matter whether you are using cli version or desktop version. Herelink will be the screen of raspberry pi. You get what it displays.

2 Likes

Can we send python command to RasPi through VNC viewer installed on Herelink remote

Thanks man appreciate the help

Thanks that should fix up the issue then with the raspi3 not outputting video

none of these settings allowed the raspi 3 to work with the herelink system… all i want is my damn gopro to work again… i cant use this system to make money if i cant fly this drone… one update has cost me hundreds if not thousands of dollars and no one from herelink has anything to say.

Just tried on my raspberry pi 3B+ and it works

Can anyone confirm that Foxeer Box 2 (fw: 2.1.1.20190624) still works with latest Herelink stable (BRU01210730)? @UlrichC @Banme_RC

I recall it working with previous Herelink firmware version some time ago - but cannot get it working again with BRU01210730 it seems.

Does the Hero 9 work yet?

Could anyone confirm if herelink supports 720p 30Frames? Apologies if already mentioned somewhere.
I’m on the latest build and unable to get the feed. The only thing I can find is that it didn’t work for a few.
While

Hi Duncan,

We have a SEEKER 30HD we are trying to get working. Can you tell me if you had to do anything to get yours to display? On ours it will not reliably display on the Herelink and when it does there is a lot of “noise”. I have included a vid link. (https://alaskacleanseas-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/akayser_alaskacleanseas_org/EYgNfRSYhYtLtCQmjsA05e0B5fJWmqrFxFNxnsjShx0lxA?e=QEBa4L)
We have attempted to change it from 1080p 60fps to 1080p 30fps. The software included wouldn’t allow us access to the camera settings so we got a bin file to load from the SD card on start up that is supposed to adjust. We tried it but it didn’t seem to have any effect.

As far as serial control, I did talk to Foxtech some and have included their suggestions for hooking it up via serial. They suggested using one of the telemetry ports on the flight controller. I hope this is some help.

hi
I have eken h9r camera. it can send live video but can not record at the same time.
Could you please provide a solution if you know?

Foxtech SEEKER 30x-HD does not work.

Foxtech FH310Z - works like a charm.

1 Like

Anyone using a GoPro7 Black? I know it is on the list as working but I am not having any luck. Works when I connect it to an HDMI monitor and it reports 1080/60. I can connect other hdmi devices such as a raspi, phone via usb-c/hdmi and it works. I have spent hourrs trying different cables, settings, sequences. How do you get a GoPro7 to work? Thanks

EDIT: I was finally able to get video out but as soon as I start recording it loses video. I can only get video while recording if I set it to record at 1080/30. Kind of defeats the purpose of using a 4k camera. What a PITA.

Hi Everyone… I am new to Cubepilot and herelink :upside_down_face:
I am building a fixed wing vehicle and wondering if anyone here has tried GoPro Hero 10 with herelink? Thank you in advance :pray: