HERELINK - Compatible camera list

I will test again.

Change the Aspect Ratio to 4:3 to get that option.

What cable have you used for connecting the camera to air unit?

The one provided with the herelink works fine

this works : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32948003892.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.62b76c37VPCVuC

GoPro Hero 6 works stock/out of the box

2 Likes

good ! is this the Hero SD card right ?

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Hello,

I tested the Gopro Hero 8 with its Media Module and it works stock at fixed post.

I broke the HDMI cabke that came with the Herelink, so I haven’t tested it in flight yet.

Camera weighs 162g with media module

2 Likes

@Dorian

How’s the latency on the Hero 8 with Hypersmooth enabled? I know the Hero 7 Black has latency issues only with Hypersmooth enabled, but I hear the Hero 8 fixed that.

I did not notice any difference between normal and hypersmmoth modes.

By cons I have pixelation at times, but it may be because of my HDMI cable. To do the test, I have a micro HDMI to HDMI cable of one meter and an HDMI to micro HDMI reducer.

I ordered a good micro HDMI cable from Small HD, when I receive it, I can do flight tests and confirm the operation in Hypersmooth.

I did new tests with the Gopro Hero8 and its Media Module used directly on a TV and with the Herelink.

In both cases, when the camera does not record, it works, even in 2.7K with Hypersmooth, it has a latency of about 0.2 seconds.
When recording, there is a latency of 1.2 s on the TV and a little more with the Herelink.
In addition, with the Herelink, when the camera records, you cannot exceed 1080 with or without Hypersmooth.

The result is mixed when used with a drone and this is mainly due to the operation of the camera.

For my part, I will combine the Gopro H8 for recording and a Hauwk Eye Firefly 4K camera for video link. I would not use the Media Module of the Gopro H8 which weighs 50 grams, that’s about the weight of the Hawk Eye camera.

1 Like

@Dorian
Thanks! That’s incredibly useful information. I might also pass on the media mod just to use another camera for piloting. Gopro’s are great, but they aren’t quite there yet.

The Sony RX100VI works out of the box.

1 Like

@Banme_RC So have you tested your Foxeer Box2 with HereLink with the settings done by UlrichC?
What were the results?

1 Like

@Banme_RC plz reply, I am waiting for your reply about Foreer Box2 and HereLink connection.

The Foxeer HS1233 does not work.

https://www.foxeer.com/foxeer-4k-ambarella-a12-hd-camera-uav-pwm-remote-control-wifi-distortionless-lens-tv-out-micro-hdmi-g-220

1 Like

One of my client used it successfully. So i’m pretty sure there is something to do with this camera

I’m also using this camera and it works great. You have to change the HDMI output format to 1080P 30 FPS via the Foxeer app.

1 Like

Thanks! I changed the settings over and it works.

2 Likes