HERELINK - Compatible camera list

The Foxeer BOX2 only works for me a little bit. Practically not

Have tested many settings.
The LED on the HereLink sometimes lights up briefly after switching on. A video stream is started. He has either a black picture or a still picture. Anyway, no moving pictures.

Ah ? This camera needs some investigationsā€¦

good news

The Foxeer BOX2 works now!
I still have the software version 2.1.1.20190624 installed

After I had done the restore in the camera-software, this was immediately there.
Stock / out of the box settings ā€¦ So in my case is not quite true.

Manual:
1.Camera software update (makes the software automatic)
2.Camera Restore on Software (Picture is coming)
3.Camera reset on Camera (WLAN back to default password)

It does not matter for HDMI-Out how the camera recording is set. On 4K, only the delay is greater.
The LED1 on the Herelink is on continuously. If no picture comes but only a black screen, the TV-out must be turned on. This can all be done live with Wi-Fi.herelink-new

3 Likes

Thanks!

Hello ! NOT working with xiaomi yi !

3 Likes

Thanks for the report :slight_smile:

Foxtech Seeker 30 max tested with here-link and works. https://www.foxtechfpv.com/seeker-30-max-30x-zoom-camera-3-axis-gimbal.html

In the process of trying to talk to it via serialā€¦ if anyone has tried this and succeeded please do shout!

2 Likes

Works well with Sony A7R (yes the A7R ii is on the list but the older version working too :wink: )

1 Like

sony A6300 out from the box works well

1 Like

A budged pilot cam, waltter move 500. Works without battery, 5V in from micro usb.Hdmi 1080p out live stream. Straight out from the box. 69eur.
Edit. Weight without battery 45g
P_20191105_111844|666x500

1 Like

Firefly split 4k works fine, but doesnā€™t support hot plug
It works 100% if the camera is powered first, maybe also by powering the camera and the herelink air unit at the same time (with the drone battery/to test).

This camera is a very good and cheap solution if you only need a pilot video feedback from the drone (around 70ā‚¬ / $75)

what is mean hot plug ?

It is when you connect the camera on a device that is already running

I know itā€™s far-fetched but did anyone try sending a computer desktop over HereLink !? Pi, BeagleBone, Jetson 'n stuff.

1 Like

Hey guys! When you guys state working, does it mean only video out or camera controls too? If no, has anyone tried controlling camera settings like ISO, Shutter speed etc., with herelink?

Itā€™s just HDMI. So video.
For settings, youā€™d need either a serial protocol, like LANC, or USB. HereLink doesnā€™t provide either. And as each camera producer makes efforts to stay far from a common protocol, chances are slim.

It would be crazy if herelink air module could run gPhoto. Is it possible @philip? It would eliminate the need of us using companion computer only for camera controls.

2 Likes

Tested GoPro Hero5 Black with HereLink. works on stock settings and has hot plug as well. Can be added to the list here.

2 Likes

Hi @Julien

Iā€™ve received my Firefly 4K split. Iā€™m trying to configure it with the Herelink but I donā€™t see any images.

When I record the video Iā€™ve files on my SD card. Iā€™ve uploaded what seems to be the last FW, and last point if I connect my GOPro 3 Iā€™ve the video on the herelink.

Anything needs to be done in order to trigger the HDMI output?

thank you,
CĆ©dric

Hi CĆ©dric,

By my side it worked with a stock camera, without any configuration on the camera nor the Herelink.
Could we know the version of firmware running on the camera ?
(by using the button panel or something)

Best,
Julien