Herelink has paired status, Solex & QGC waiting for vehicle connection

It happened again, did a compass calibration with the Here 3 configured and working. Calibration successful then rebooted system and GQC and Solex does not see the vehicle. The bit rate is low when this happens, average about 4k when normal operation is 40k plus.

I backup the New settings and then restore the old setting for the here1 (did not bother connecting it). rebooted and herelink apps connected OK. Then restored New settings and its still working.

This is very worrying, can someone help please, whats going on. If this happens during a flight it would not be good.

I manage to fix the issue so when recalibrating compass it still works, I changed 3 things, not sure which one fixed it but suspect it was the first one, Hereā€™s what I did different:

1. Iā€™d forgot to change variable EK2_IMU_MASK to 7 to enable the 3rd IMU after firmware upgrade. (cube black)
  2. Then I recalibrated the accelerometer
  3. When I did the compass calibration I enabled the 2 internal compasses on the cube black.

This did the job and my system works ok now.

I have the same problem, yesterday everything was alright, today solex does not find the vehicle. I will try out the three steps tomorrow. I am running the latest herelink firmware on the air unit and controller. Autopilot is a orange cube which I updated few days ago to 4.1

Just some more information with the Herelink that we encountered last night / today. We conducted 4 flights and then noticed a compass mag error on the 5th flight when taking off. I landed the aircraft and proceeded to do a compass calibration on the Here3 (just the Here3 selected, no internal compass). Once we restarted the autopilot we were not able to get any telemetry data from the autopilot, through to the Herelink. I did the usual power off, power back on things several times to no avail. I then proceeded to re-pair the Herelink to the air unit but still with no luck. It was getting late and we ran out of option so I called it a night. This morning I checked all the cabling and even put a RFD900 into the same telem port that the Herelink was connected to and that connected fine. I read this post and completed the EK2 update and the accel and compass calibration like mentioned above, but it didnā€™t work for me. Later this afternoon, because I had run out of other options, I downloaded and installed the latest firmware again (it already had the latest firmware on it from a couple of weeks ago and has been flying fine). It was not until I plugged the air unit into my computer and reinstalled the firmware that it started working again. Just a side note - the data rate while it wasnā€™t working dropped to like 4 kbps and as soon as was working again it was back up to 40-50k. I hope this helps someone else out that is having the same issue. Kind Regards, Perry

I wasnā€™t able to fix it either so I reflashed copter 4.0.7 on my cube orange. Still didnā€™t fix the issue immediately, however after several attempts to connect it miraculously started to work again. Now I am back on copter 4.1.0, no issues so farā€¦

Same issue for me. I was working great yesterday, started up today, waiting for vehicle. The sbus still arms the vehicle and I can fly it. The camera fed is there, but no telemetry.

Edit: flashed firmware again, confirmed baud rate, then re paired everything and itā€™s working again.

Same, nowhere in the document mentions the serial baud rate and protocol should use.
Have to re-flash the Air unit firmware and I get it back without changing others.

It seems like only support up to 115200 baud rate Mavlink 1 or 2 are ok.
Very bad documentation.

1 Like

Hi - still getting red message ā€œwaiting for vehicle connectionā€. What are the common issues that cause the air unit to not connect if I am getting HDMI video feed and its successfully pair with two green LEDs?

1 Like

I was having the same issue on my drone tried it on two different air units same problem, every time I cycled power. I recently just updated the air unit via the here ground station and that seemed to help me

Thanks for the swift respond. I did actually flash the air and ground units and they seem to be running the latest firmware versions according to the QGC app.

A) Iā€™m curious if i need to flash the orange cube and or the FC as well. If so, can someone link a how to?

B) Or perhaps the power regulator is utilizing the minimum voltage required for the HereLink resulting in a faulty and unreliable system. I recently purchased a new regulator that will crank out 9v which falls right in in the middle of 6v-12v.

I will note that I am also having issues in Mission Planner connecting to the unit as well. I get a time out on COM4. I know there is a more technical person out there who knows exactly whatā€™s going on. My hope is youā€™ll find me and give us all an answer.

Cheers friends!

I am having the same issues. The air unit only seems to connect occasionally.

Iā€™m using a Navio2 and have enabled the telem (UART) on the Navio2 using Ardurover boot options. I know this is working as it has not been changed and works occasionally.

I have fixed the Navio2 baud rate to 115 in MP without any different result.

Iā€™ve just tried downloading the air unit firmware via the hand controller and it errors. (This is a new and hopefully temporary issue). I pushed the firmware from the hand held controller using ā€œTRANSFER TO AIRUNITā€ to the air unit ( assume its the version I successfully download 3 days ago) and then selected ā€œUPDATE AIRUNITā€ which seemed to flash the air unit correctly. I then restarted everything and still the same.

I cant find a reliable sequence at all, it just seems random and currently connects 1 time out of every 10. Iā€™m hoping there is a firmware issue to resolve this. Iā€™m new to Herelink but it sounds like this issue has been hanging around a while.

Please replicate the problem and generate a bug report

https://docs.cubepilot.org/user-guides/herelink/herelink-user-guides/generate-a-bug-report

hi Alvin and greetings to other friends who have the same problem.

I loaded the latest version (1.03) on both RC and Air and it worked right away ā€¦ I did some flights for a few days.
Today I turn everything on and guess what?
NOT CONNECT
TYPE: No Vehicle

Yet in Pair he is connected regularly (and no !!! I have not changed anything at the Cube Black level)

obviously tomorrow I have to do a job and I miss everything !!!

I followed the directions and produced a Debug file which I post

If you can give me some indication, thank you so much

bugreport-N2G47J-2022-01-26-18-40-23.zip (207.0 KB)

EDIT: if it can be an indication, between the last flight (a few days ago) and today, I only activated and tried at the bench (without propellers) the coupling with an Android tablet via hotspot to try the upload of some missions of the Solex + Mission app

(Note: QGC also does not connect)

EDIT EDIT :smiley: ā€¦ same RC but with different Air, it works. So ā€œon the noseā€ should be a problem on the Air side.
However, I noticed that the difference between the two AIR units is as follows:

• the one that is not working, only when power supply is supplied, only Led 1 lights up
  • the one working, under the same conditions, both LEDs (1 and 2) light up
    (No connected cameras)
    I have no special skills but I fear that it is the firmware of the Air unit that for some reason crashes or perhaps it cannot recognize the pair (which if Iā€™m not mistaken is the condition of only one LED lit, that is, when it waits to pair)

Can you pair those 2 air units to the controller and check their firmware version in Herelink Settings App > AIRUNIT tab? Are they having same firmware? There was a bug previously but latest firmware should have fixed it.

The LED is an indicator telling whether uart is connecting.

Appears to be the same problem as - Herelink Unit suddenly stopped to send Telemetry Data - #4 by JacksonUAS