Herelink Joystick calibration-from hardware part

Dear all users,

If you are having the problem with the joystick movements, please try to use the method in the document to calibrate your Herelink controller. After that, your joystick will work properly.
Please check the link to download the file for calibration:

2 Likes

can this method solve this issue?

@Jai

See (Solved)Radio Calibration on Herelink.

Hi, when flying my drone I can feel, especially on the throttle, some steps when I slightly move the throttle joystick up or down. It is like if the throttle is discretized with too large steps…
Is there a way to reduce the size of these steps?
Thanks,

@Philip

Philip can you please assist with this query from RogerPaudex.

Thank You.

Have you gone through the two stick calibrations?

Yes I’ve been through the two stick calibrations.

Can you video the issue?

Hi, the video is here. We can see the steps while I’m continuously moving the stick. This effect is seen on the drone (which I’m not allowed to film).

@RogerPaudex @philip

Hello Roger,

I have two units, one beta 1 and beta 2. I have checked the stick movement on both the units and they are both the same as yours. When you move the sticks it may look like it is travelling in small increments, but this does not affect actual performance of the output. That is the motor have a linear acceleration and deceleration when you move the throttle up and down.

Also the other sticks behave in the same way, and I have had no issues up to now. I suggest you try and arm your craft and try the throttle response.

If this does not resolve the issue I am pretty sure it is your ESC, can you please use another brand of ESC if possible and report back to us.

Thank You.

Philip I have added you to my response just keep you in the loop.

now that I see the video, I understand the issue. I agree with Ganesh, that graphic is just to let you know its functioning, its not detailed

On newest firmware v3.5.6 2020-02-11 there is no “Dial Pad” button anymore. Where is it now?

Hi everyone,

I hate that this is my first post ever on this forum… I finally took the plunge and began some major purchasing of cube-pilot components for a custom drone build; Cube Orange and Board, here3 GPS, and the herelink HD system. Motors, esc’s, etc. have been purchased also.

Upon opening the box of my new $700 Herelink controller I was somewhat disappointed by some things. The packaging was high class and representative of the price tag of the item. Inside the package the Herelink had plastic installed to protect the screen during transport/shipping. Not sure why they spent so much on nice packaging just to get inside and see this. Picture is attached. I removed a corner of the screen protector and all looks well. So not a big deal then… However…

The right joystick is not moving through all 360 degrees of rotation. The right stick centers fine, but only moves left right and forward. The back/reverse joystick seems physically stuck/jammed. Can anyone let e know if they have seen these issues and if they are simple fixes or not. Or, should I just return it.

Here is the link to see the short video I made of the joystick. iCloud Photo Sharing

I tried to look up contact info for tech support and have not found solid support information.

I have not removed the controller from the box nor have I hooked it up to the computer yet. I have turned it on and it seems to be functioning correctly.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Not normal that joystick, return to your dealer will be the quickest option. Sadly something has gone wrong with that one.

On the screen protector it’s simply to stop anything possibly marking it in transit.

1 Like

Thank you so much! And thank you so much for all the videos you make! I’ve watched a lot of them. Have a great weekend!

Yes, it’s missing on my as well. Joystick calibrate via Solex app is very finicky.

The dial pad was already gone at the Solex update. Its main purpose was to enter the hardware calibration page.
Now you can access to hardware calibration in Herelink Settings APP, so the dial pad is no longer needed.