Herelink mapping issues

Hi. Hope everyone are doing well. I just needed a small help. @MadRC, @philip or anyone else could help me as I am a beginner and I have purchased a new herelink.

I want to know that if I map the buttons in solex tx then will it be also automatically applied to qgc. I mean that the settings which I change or the buttons and modes which I set will be same for qgc and solex tx both. And also what about herelink original settings that pop on the notification slider. Is that also global?

Also can I know what settings can I do in qgc, solex tx and herelink original settings like modes setting in qgc,etc. Where can I do the channel setting, etc setting. Please explain me properly that which setting can I do on which app? Please mention it properly and I agree that I am a beginner to this so any help would be absolutely appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Stay safe,
Biswajeet Prusty

Hi. Hope everyone are doing well. I just needed a small help. @MadRC, @philip or anyone else could help me as I am a beginner and I have purchased a new herelink.

I want to know that if I map the buttons in solex tx then will it be also automatically applied to qgc. I mean that the settings which I change or the buttons and modes which I set will be same for qgc and solex tx both. And also what about herelink original settings that pop on the notification slider. Is that also global?

Also can I know what settings can I do in qgc, solex tx and herelink original settings like modes setting in qgc, etc. Where can I do the channel setting, etc setting. Please explain me properly that which setting can I do on which app? Please mention it properly and I agree that I am a beginner to this so any help would be absolutely appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Stay safe,
Biswajeet Prusty

Also can I know what settings can I do in qgc, solex tx and herelink original settings like modes setting in qgc,etc. Where can I do the channel setting, etc setting. Please explain me properly that which setting can I do on which app? Please mention it properly and I agree that I am a beginner to this so any help would be absolutely appreciated. Please help me.

Thanks in advance,
Stay safe,
Biswajeet Prusty

Another query has got into my mind. I am thinking to purchase a gopro hero as a camera for live fpv feed to herelink along with recording the feed. @MadRC, @philip or anyone else, please help me with my queries. My queries regarding gopro hero 5 are :-

1. Can I use gopro for both, recording purpose and live fpv feed purpose also ?

2. If yes, then is there any possibility that I can set the gopro hero 5 to record at 4k and send the
    fpv feed at 1080p 60fps to the herelink ground staion ?

3. If no for the above question, then is it compulsory to set the recording also to 1080p 60 fps ?

I asked the above questions because I have gone through the forum and saw one post that some people are getting difficulties in getting both, live fpv feed and recording at the same time, I mean that when the recording is also at 1080p 60 fps then the live feed is not working but the recording is working and same vice versa. When the live feed comes, then recording is not possible for some users. Is it truth because @MadRC also used gopro hero 5. So is it like the recording at 1080p 60 fps and the live feed to herelink ground station at 1080p 60 fps, both at a time in 1080p 60fps resolution also cannot be done with herelink?

Another query has got into my mind. I am thinking to purchase a gopro hero as a camera for live fpv feed to herelink along with recording the feed. @MadRC, @philip or anyone else, please help me with my queries. My queries regarding gopro hero 5 are :-

2. If yes, then is there any possibility that I can set the gopro hero 5 to record at 4k and send the
    fpv feed at 1080p 60fps to the herelink ground staion ?

3. If no for the above question, then is it compulsory to set the recording also to 1080p 60 fps ?

I asked the above questions because I have gone through the forum and saw one post that some people are getting difficulties in getting both, live fpv feed and recording at the same time, I mean that when the recording is also at 1080p 60 fps then the live feed is not working but the recording is working and same vice versa. When the live feed comes, then recording is not possible for some users. Is it truth because @MadRC also used gopro hero 5. So is it like the recording at 1080p 60 fps and the live feed to herelink ground station at 1080p 60 fps, both at a time in 1080p 60fps resolution also cannot be done with herelink ?

fpv feed at 1080p 60fps to the herelink ground station ?

I asked the above questions because I have gone through the forum and saw one post that some people are getting difficulties in getting both, live fpv feed and recording at the same time, I mean that when the recording is also at 1080p 60 fps then the live feed is not working but the recording is working and same vice versa. When the live feed comes, then recording is not possible for some users. Is it truth because @MadRC also used gopro hero 5. So is it like the recording at 1080p 60 fps and the live feed to herelink ground station at 1080p 60 fps, both at a time in 1080p 60fps resolution also cannot be done with herelink?

Hi @MadRC @philip @Vince, it possible to control the three axis gimbal through herelink wheel ?

For example :- When I short press Button A, then the pitch axis of the drone gimbal should be controlled with the herelink wheel, When I short press Button B, then the roll axis of the drone gimbal should be controlled by the same wheel of the herelink and When I short press Button C, then the yaw axis of the drone gimbal should be controlled by the same herelink wheel.

Note :- There would be no problem with me, even if the herelink wheel is self centreing, I could manage it by holding it continuously with my hand to prevent it from self centreing or else I could do some lua scripting to manage it but the thing is that, I want to control the drone 3 axis gimbal with the herelink wheel only as it is easy and convenient.

Is the above thing possible ?

If yes, then how can I do it. Please explain me step by step on how to do it as I am a beginner.

and

If no, then how could I control the gimbal ? Please explain me the other possibilities too. This would be very helpful for me.

Please help me to clear my above queries as I am a beginner and any help would be absolutely aprreciated.

Hi @MadRC @philip @Vince, it possible to control the three axis gimbal through herelink wheel ?

For example :- When I short press Button A, then the pitch axis of the drone gimbal should be controlled with the herelink wheel, When I short press Button B, then the roll axis of the drone gimbal should be controlled by the same wheel of the herelink and When I short press Button C, then the yaw axis of the drone gimbal should be controlled by the same herelink wheel.

Note :- There would be no problem with me, even if the herelink wheel is self centreing, I could manage it by holding it continuously with my hand to prevent it from self centreing or else I could do some lua scripting to manage it but the thing is that, I want to control the drone 3 axis gimbal with the herelink wheel only as it is easy and convenient.

If yes, then how can I do it. Please explain me step by step on how to do it as I am a beginner.

and

If no, then how could I control the gimbal ? Please explain me the other possibilities too. This would be very helpful for me.

Please help me to clear my above queries as I am a beginner and any help would be absolutely appreciated too.

and

Please help me to clear my above queries as I am a beginner and any help would be absolutely aprreciated.

Please help me with all of my above queries as soon as possible. I am looking forward for your help.

Where can I set that button A is channel 5 and button B is channel 6, etc channels ? Where can I set the channels. In solex tx app, qgc app or herelink original settings ?

Please scroll to the top of this post and answer my questions one by one as I am a beginner and I am having so many queries. Please answer the all the above queries.

Where can I set that button A is channel 5 and button B is channel 6, etc channels ? Where can I set the channels. In solex tx app, qgc app or herelink original settings ? @MadRC @philip , looking forward for your help.

As you know that herelink has 16 channels. I just wanted to know that what are the channels allocated for what ? channel 1 - 4 are for the controlling for the drone and channel 5 is for Button A ( short press),
channel 6 is for Button A ( Long press ), Channel 7 is for Button B ( short press ), channel 8 is for Button B ( long press ), channel 9 is for the Home Button ( short press ), channel 10 is for the Home button (long press), Channel 11 is for the Photo Capture Button located at the top right of the herelink ground station, Channel 12 is for wheel, Channel 13 is for Button C (short press), channel 14 is for button C (long press), channel 15 is for Button D (short press), channel 16 is for button D (long press). Am I correct @MadRC @philip ?

Please scroll to the top of this post and answer my questions one by one as I am a beginner and I am having so many queries. Please answer the all the above queries.

in future, please ask questions in public, not on a private thread.
Your questions are questions others may have, so its best to share answers in public.

yes you can use your GoPro like that, the gopro cannot output 4K on the HDMI anyway, so all good, however it may get quite hot doing both.

to set buttons to channels, this is done in the settings app
If you set buttons in either the solex app or the QGC app, they will only operate in that app.

the method of sending buttons is also different between the settings app and solex/qgc. in the settings app, you are directly sending the S.Bus values, but via the settings they send via Mavlink, each has different benefits

Sorry. I will do it next time in public. :v: :v: :v: :v: :v:

Continuing the discussion from Herelink mapping issues:

How to setup a three axis gimbal with the herelink and pixhawk cube orange ? Please explain me the whole setup as I am confused along with the wiring and programming. My requirement is to use solex tx app in herelink and use the wheel of the herelink ground unit to control the pitch, yaw and roll of the camera.
Please explain me how to do it step by step or if you have a manual or user guide, then please send me the link. Like by short pressing button A, I want the pitch of the gimbal to be controlled by the wheel of the herelink ground unit. Then short pressing the B, I want to control the yaw axis of the gimbal by using the wheel of the herelink ground unit. At last I want to use the C ( short press ) button for the control of the roll axis of the gimbal through the wheel of the herelink ground unit. I mean that the same wheel should be used to control the three axis of the gimbal. Please explain me step by step the wiring and software setup process. I would be so thankful to you.

How to setup a three axis gimbal with the herelink and pixhawk cube orange ? Please explain me the whole setup as I am confused along with the wiring and programming. My requirement is to use solex tx app in herelink and use the wheel of the herelink ground unit to control the pitch, yaw and roll of the camera.
Please explain me how to do it step by step or if you have a manual or user guide, then please send me the link. Like by short pressing button A, I want the pitch of the gimbal to be controlled by the wheel of the herelink ground unit. Then short pressing the B, I want to control the yaw axis of the gimbal by using the wheel of the herelink ground unit. At last I want to use the C ( short press ) button for the control of the roll axis of the gimbal through the wheel of the herelink ground unit. I mean that the same wheel should be used to control the three axis of the gimbal. Please explain me step by step the wiring and software setup process. I would be so thankful to you.