Herelink QGroundControl Development

I’m still not sure how I managed to get it work, but I think it might have something to do with my compiler. I was using gcc for Android when I had that strange error. When I switched to clang, I was able to build the app. BTW, I forgot to mention I’m working on Linux.

@sidbh I just built your QGC master branch and uploaded the apk to my remote controller. While I was testing the app, I got lags on the video streaming. The image freezes for half a second, and then the video starts again. Those video lags repeats continuously at random times. When I switched back to the QGC app built-in in your firmware release, there are no video lags. At first, I thought it was because I was building the app for debug, but I still have the same problem for a release build. Do you have any idea what might be the issue?

You need to ensure that both apps are not running at the same time. Also keep the logcat running while testing, you will be able to catch specific error while you get these issues.

I made sure that there were no app running simultaneously during my tests. I’ve also took a look at the logs and so far I can’t figure what’s wrong with my build.

When there is a lot of motion from one frame to another the video stream lags as if there were too much information to transmit from the air unit. With the QGC app built in your firmware release, I don’t have this problem. I’ll do more test this week to see if I can find the problem.

In the meantime, I have some questions for you @sidbh. Which Android SDK version are you using for your build? Are you using Clang or GCC? Do you have any specific build instruction for qmake? I just want to make sure I’m using a similar build environment.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I understand, the error encountered occurs when you run the code on the Herelink or during compilation? What is the error message?

There’s no way anybody can find your problem with this post… You need to provide more details. What is the complete error message?

@Hughes_La_Vigne How did you solved the video lag in customized QGC?

I worked with the people from Cubepilot to get that fix as it was a problem with the QGC custom build for the Herelink. To avoid any video lag, you should start with this Github repository to build your own QGC app: GitHub - CubePilot/qgroundcontrol-herelink. You should also make sure to update your Herelink remote controller.