Herelink QGroundControl Development

Hello,
we are currently developing a copter with ground penetrating radar to locate and map landmines.

In this first very experimental development stage we decided to include the “Herelink” in the test and hardware exploration phase. In terms of Herelink software, we have some problems with QGC stability and we also need some adjustments. We like QGC as it is - nevertheless, some things in the GUI have to be revised / simplified for our purposes.
So now some questions about the version of QGC used in HERELINK.

Best wishes,
wolke

1 Like

@sidbh

1 Like

Hi,

I’m also looking to adapt QGC for a specific application using the Herelink. I’ve tried to do it with the repo and the developer notes provide by @wolke. I’m having some difficulties with the linker…

Is there any update regarding those questions?

Cheers,

Hughes

1 Like

Here also interested. Anyone has been able to do it?
@sidbh could you please give as some tips?

1 Like

With the next release, this becomes a lot simpler, as all the HereLink special functionality is seperate from the GCS apps now.

1 Like

Hi @philip, that’s good news as we were about to start customizing the Herelink App.
We will wait on the new App and are looking forward to trying it.
Do you have an idea about the release date?

1 Like

Very very soon. New security release is going out to alpha test group tomorrow. So depending on that, not long

2 Likes

Send me new release if you can!

Soon

2 Likes

@philip, What are the motivation to have rebased the flight App on Solex instead of QGroundControl ?
Solex is less and less used, whereas QGroundControl is still widely used.
Thanks for informing me.

No exactly @RogerPaudex, the Herelink will allow you to chose and use both apps in the next release. That’s much better ! :wink:

1 Like

This is what it will looks like

2 Likes

soon ?

1 Like

Everyone involved in it would be please to know the release date, It would mean that a new big step forward would have been reached.

1 Like

Very very soon

1 Like

Really a product key? This is really a setback. Our device is a beta device bought sometime and somewhere in early 2019. The packaging has long been thrown away.
Kind of annoying, we now have an unusable device. The link to the old firmware flasher has unfortunately disappeared from the website. Is our herelink device now electronic waste?

You simply need to contact your dealer, your model would not have the key on the box due to the age .

Just provide them a pic of the SN and they can get you a key.

This has been done for very good reason to allow them to continue to invest and develop the platform with out others benefiting from that.

1 Like

@wolke Please contact your reseller, they will be able to help you out. If you are still having trouble updating your device to latest version please let us know.

The latest QGC version is updated to Stable 3.5.6 and can be found at the link below, along with build setup information at the bottom: https://github.com/cubepilot/qgroundcontrol-herelink

2 Likes

@sidbh,
Thanks for your help. I think the separation of hardware specific functions and gc is the right way.

“contact the reseller” - since I am only responsible for hardware development and production, I will probably have to wait a long time for the key until everyone involved has called. hopefully the coffee machine does not need a system update with product registration, then waiting will be very uncomfortable :slight_smile: .
/g
wolke

I have some problems building your QGC’s version. At first, I had problem including the gstreamer library. I saw that a commit was pushed to the master branch to add the missing library, it solved my first problem. However, I have another problem with Gradle. I keep getting this error message :
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: android.buildToolsVersion is missing!

When I look at the gradle.build file, it is supposed to be in the gradle.properties file which is missing in the repo. I’m using Qt 5.11.0, Android NDK 15, Android SDK 29. I don’t have much experience building android app, so am I missing something? Have someone experience such a problem?