Herelink random stops video and telemetry feeds

Got a herelink here (another) that’s misbehaving. It’ll randomly loose video connectivity, which is fairly normal it seems…, but this one is also loosing the telemetry stream. RC remains up. I originally thought it was temperature related, but appears to not be and is just intermittent.

Whats the process to troubleshoot, or enable logging etc, before I RMA another one. Its on the non solex firmware.

Please update to the Solex version. Or can you tell me why are you not?

Handover functionality between conventional inputs on second controller wont work on Solex version.

Checked the Telem cable. That’s the first port of call.

Many of the video issses can be related to the micro hdmi cable.

Cables fine, been replaced, issue still exists. Pretty sure its a herelink issue.

HDMI is using a cable robbed from a solo, video works intermittently. I originally had a hunch it was temperature based issue, but it appears to be totally intermittent rather than anything physical.

How do I enable logging etc do troubleshoot the herelink?

@philip @sidbh - Any ideas?

Have you tried the latest stable firmware?

Wont work due to mavlink controls.

what wont work?

maybe we need to do a call on this? If you need something special its best we get that supported in an official release

Control handover between X9E/RFD900x and Herelink, not that its currently working due to SBUS on UART firmware issues, but we cant hand over between a mavlink commanded flight mode etc from herelink to a channel x sbus output commanded mode.

Bump?

We are having the same issue. Sometimes the telemetry and the video stop.
To make them work again, it is sufficient to close the Qground app and then reopen, and everything work again. I don’t think it’s a message mismatch between arducopter 4.0.4 and qground control since the video is affected also (and not only the telemetry)

Are you opening Solex and QGC at the same time or any of them is still running in the background?
If yes, try to close the one you are not using.

We use ony the QGC, so I don’t think this is the point.

In this case I think QGC maybe glitched. You can test with Solex to verify if this only happens on QGC.
It may worth trying to reload firmware once again as this solve software problem in most of the times.

The problem seems to be partially solved after reflashing the firmware on both air and ground side, but still this one persists:

I have had this issue with three herelink units so far. For the first one we checked the wires, reflashed the firmware, etc. It didn’t work. After that we connected a regular telemetry radio just so we could fly (RC link smeeed stable) and we recovered telemetry when the vehicle was like 100 meters away from the herelink transmitter, the other two presented the same problem yesterday, once again we reflashed everything and checked the wires, but we couldn´t make it work (again, we have a stable RC link but no telemetry or video).

Please replicate the problem and generate a bug report
https://docs.cubepilot.org/user-guides/herelink/herelink-user-guides/generate-a-bug-report