Herelink sbus out not working after latest system update

Yesterday, I completed an android system update on the controller. I’m showing
Android Version: 7.1.2
OEM build number: RU01220816
Baseband version: BUMBLEBEE.R03.T44-13ac3dd5b-e040839
Build number: N2G47J test-keys

Additionally, I’m seeing a MissionPlanner app on the device, which uses a virtual mouse controlled by the touch screen. Is this new or has this been here?

Well, to the issue: The joystick channels aren’t getting through to QGroundControl or MissionPlanner on my laptop. No green boxes, no arming when I hold the joystick in the bottom right, etc. Attempting to calibrate the joystick in QGC just provides a message that zero radio channels were found.

I’ve checked the wire and it’s correct. Everything short of plugging up an oscilloscope (which is my next step).

So I thought: Maybe the air unit needs to be updated too. Updating through the app OTA wasn’t going through. The download sometime failed, and when it eventually succeeded, trying to push to the air unit has an ETA of “649 minutes” or longer in some cases…

So I plugged it to the PC through USB and ran the updater. Updated successfully, but still no sbus output.

According to the AIRUNIT tab,
Online Version: AAU01220816
Local Version: AAU01211129

Any advice or tips to get this working?

are you on stable fw, or beta fw?
also what version is installed on your GCS unit?

I believe I’m on the beta fw.
How can I find what version is installed oh the GCS unit?

ok, if your on beta, then the air unit needs an update as well then

I’m getting back to working on this. I attempted the USB update of the Air Unit. Adding the beta flag didn’t work. It looks like the requested URL is a 404.

Attempting to do the OTA update, I see
Online Version: AAU01220816
Local Version: AAU01211129

‘Download Air Firmware’ works correctly.
‘Transfer to Airunit’ Is stuck at 0% 0/100, ETA: 233 minutes

What can I do to get my Airunit the same version as the ground unit?

I am going through the same situation.

Even if it works, download- transfer- update
the version still does not change.

Also, the sbus channel does not work.

Glad to hear I’m not the only one. Are you on beta?

yes, my herelink is on beta.

also, “flasher.exe beta” downloads 01211129.
it seems that the link of AAU01220816 is not set properly.

I’m sad that I can’t use herelink in this situation.

Tried again today, and this is still not working. I’m not sure what else I can do at this point. A full factory reset of both the air unit and the gcs?

please factory reset the air unit.

if your on beta, please use

“flasher_win.exe beta”

I’m also attempting this and ran “flasher_win beta”

It says “failed to download package”

this is now fixed… as per facebook

@Michael_Oborne I’m also trying to pair an old GCS to a new airunit. I tried with both Windows and Linux flasher to get the beta version for the remote controller, but I keep getting this error message:

Latest remoteunit_beta release: 404 Not Found
Downloading Latest Release from https://herelinkfw.cubepilot.org/remoteunit_beta-404 Not Found.tar.gz

Any idea how I can solve this problem ?

to get the GCS unit beta, you need to use the OTA updater app on the unit itself

I am having the same problem today. I cannot get sbus output from the air unit even though I can communicate to the devices connected to the air unit via ethernet. Whenever I try to update the air unit from the GCS I get “error downloading file” when I click “DOWNLOAD AIR FIRMWARE”. If I use flasher_win it seems to proceed okay, but the sbus output still does not work afterwards. If I try “flasher_win.exe beta” I get the 404 error.

I’ve been following this thread for six months now, just hoping for something to be suggested that I haven’t tried. I still fly my drone, but with two controllers (crossfire to sbus) and considerable lag on my video feed (about .5fps and several seconds of delay). I haven’t installed beta firmware and I am running a 1.0 ground station with a 1.1 air unit. I don’t know how several people can go so long without a solution, but I had much higher hopes.
• The flight controller (pixhawk cube orange) works with another sbus receiver plugged in.
• I have factory reset the ground station and updated via USB and powered it on to have it force an update before I could do anything else.
• I have updated the air unit via USB.
• I verified the ground station is completely updated via cube pilot documentation
• I can download the latest air unit firmware to my ground station
• I cannot push the update to the air unit (time remaining slowly ticks up while status remains at 0% and I gave up after time remaining was 64048 minutes)
• I can tell the air unit to update and the progress bar completes to 100% (what firmware I am actually telling it to update? I have no idea)
Air unit screen is as follows:
• online version: AAU01211129
• local version: AU01220706
• SN: 63a7cdba
• model: Telepathy Air
• BaseBand Air: BUMBLEBEE.R03.T44-13ac3dd5b-e040839
• BaseBand GCS: BUMBLEBEE.R03.T34-d9a8837e4-2fe1924
• BuildDate: We’d Jul 6 13:00:29 AEST 2022
Baud: 57600

1 Like

Hi,

thanks for joining the ME TOO movement … :slightly_smiling_face:…I am using the beta version of the Herelink but Air unit is showing updates dated Sep 17 '2022 . but my onllne version and local version are the same values AU01220917

I recently joined a few Facebook pixhawk/cube pilot groups and after reading posts about this issue and 1.0/1.1 compatibility in general, I realized something I either misunderstood when reading it elsewhere or just completely overlooked. I see people asking if the 1.0 GCS is on beta when connecting to 1.1 au, but I took it as information gathering, not a suggestion to upgrade the GCS to beta which I just found out is actually required to correctly connect to the 1.1 au. I’ll be upgrading the GCS to beta on Saturday to continue the good fight.

please post both your GCS version
and your AIR unit version

@Michael_Oborne

Good day
My Air unit version is AU01220917 ( online version and Local version) and my Herelink is on RU01220816 and it is also written in Yellow highlight " YOU are on Beta Channel " . Both my Herelink and Airunit are the old versions .

Is this the right combination and the current update .

thank you