Dear Forum,

Welcome to my first post! I have the following setup:
-Cube Orange (px4)
-Gremsy t3v3 gimbal
-Ubuntu companion computer
-Herelink system
-Sony a7rm4a
-Ipad

From the ipad I wish to send mavlink messages to the companion computer (via the autopilot). I wish to do this via MAVSDK-Swift, since I also use MAVSDK for communication between the cube orange and companion computer.

My question is how I can send this telemetry data from the ipad, preferably via usb tethering. Is this possible? And if so, where to start? Any help is welcome!

Kind regards,
Rinto

You can connect your ipad to 5G wifi through herelilnk hotspot to commnunicate with your cube.(same as video stream)
https://docs.cubepilot.org/user-guides/herelink/herelink-user-guides/share-video-stream#4.-connect-via-wifi-connection

1 Like

@Mike_ZY

I figured that it would be handy if I were to be a bit more elaborate, since I still have some questions regarding my setup:
-If I run a swift application on my ios app (either mavsdk or my own custom implementation, as here). Is the program then a new component in my mavlink network? For now I will assume it has a different system id than the drone.

-Assuming my swift application is a node of my mavlink network, I also think the Herelink ground unit is a node. More specificially, qgc running on the herelink ground unit. I think this has the same systemid as the ipad, right?

-It feels obscure to use qgc as a node that only functions to passthrough mavlink messages from and to the ipad. Is that obscure or a logical way to do it? Would there be other options?

-I want to have a direct mavlink passthrough on the ipad. Therefore, mavsdk will not fulfill my requirements (although it would be an easy start). Is the url mentioned above a good start?

Thanks in advance!