Herelink V1.1 ETH stopped working

Hi all,

We’ve been using herelink 1.1 along with SIYI ethernet cameras for a few months now.
A couple of months ago one of our AIR units stopped outputting ETH video while HDMI video continued to work fine.

The air unit was replaced but the issue happened again, while in flight video cut out and even after multiple attempts to restart the system it still won’t show any video from the ETH port - HDMI still works fine which is baffling.

What we’ve tried:

1. Updating the air unit and RC to latest firmware
  2. Changing the ETH cable
  3. Trying a spare ETH camera

The camera used is a ZR10 from SIYI along with SIYI QGC.

Please find the attached debug logs below:

bugreport-N2G47J-2023-09-13-15-23-20.zip (1.3 MB)

Tagging @philip , @Michael_Oborne.

Can we please get any answers ?? @philip , @Michael_Oborne

ideally need a log form the air unit, as this is the thing with the issue.

its hard to say - i would confirm the cabling, and also confirm how the gimbal outputs its ethernet. is it via magnetics/capacitors/or direct.

I checked the docs but I can’t find how to create a log file for the air unit. Can you provide instructions?

The issue is most definately on the herelink side as we tested with 2 cameras and 2 cables.

I am facing the same problem right now. help us

@Michael_Oborne @Cyberpilot360 help me :sob:

As you can see I’ve been waiting for a reply for ages…
Did yours also stop working after some time ?

1 Like

yes, only one can help us

Stop ignoring ppl in this joke of a support forum. This is why we as a company have stopped using your products altogther…

@Michael_Oborne

Try writing on Facebook Ardupilot group also. People are more active there and you might get some solutions from other people also.

Support on this forum is not really good.

My name is Sid, and I’ve been encountering some difficulties with my Herelink v1.1 system while trying to connect it with a Siyi camera for my drone. Initially, when I connected the camera with the Here-Air unit (ETH), everything worked smoothly. However, after a few days, the connection ceased to function.

I’ve tried troubleshooting the issue myself, but haven’t had any luck so far. Could you please assist me in figuring out how to successfully stream video through Herelink with the Siyi camera using the ETH connection? Additionally, I’ve found that everything works perfectly fine when using the HM30 module. I also have your Mosaic Camera Module, including A8, ZT6, and ZR30, all of which function excellently with the HM30 module. However, when I attempt to use them with Herelink, they stop working after a few days.

Your guidance in resolving these issues would be greatly appreciated.
@Michael_Oborne @philip

Hi @Omnilert
A lot of people (including me) have experienced exactly the same issue you have mentioned.
There seem to be a long term issue with Siyi Cameras and Herelink Ethernet. I haven’t seen anyone who got it working reliably.

My system also worked fine initially with the Siyi camera’s ethernet, but out of nowhere, it stopped working, and never worked again with ethernet. I tried everything, and later moved to using HDMI.

I don’t know when the problem will get found out. Neither Siyi nor Cubepilot is working on it, as far as I know.