Herelink video works or not at random with EKEN H9R

Please try the following things just as an experiment. When the video is not coming across the Herelink, try these steps in exact sequence and report back. First, with everything hooked up and running, but no video coming across, power cycle the Herelink Air Unit only. Wait 1 minute. Is video restored? Next power cycle the camera. Wait 1 minute. Is the video restored? Next, quit all apps in the Handheld unit. Reopen your ground control software. Wait 1 minute. Is video restored? If not, unplug the HDMI cable from the Herelink air unit, and plug it back in. Is video working? Last, power cycle the Herelink Air unit on last time. Wait 1 minute. Is there video? Please do these in exactly the step description above and report back exactly what happened and exactly what step you last performed from the described troubleshooting steps above.

Your drone have some space to add equipment? There are few devices weighing around 3-400g that can temporarily solve your problem. Not best solution but it work.

Hello people!

I have the same problem with the EKEN cam. In the majority of the time there isn’t any video stream from the air unit.
Have you found any solutions?

Same here with Hawkeye Firefly split 4k, Foxtech FH310Z and Gopro 7

Working in a random fashion on both my herelink units, that a very bad defect… I really hope a fix in the firmware is found, or I will have to spend cash again for another system.

@Károly_Bence_Ludvigh

We had this issue with the video randomly freezing and loosing.

The main reason for us having this issue was largely due to the Herelink Airunit placement on the aircraft. Ours was directly above a Electric Generator that blasted huge amounts of interference and this likely caused the issue, as once we replaced the airunit to a new location, only 15cm from this high voltage are, we never had anymore video feed issue.

Also we use shielded HDMI Cable, which also greatly helps. I know the frustration of the glitchy video, and we had gone through this for almost 6months and finally we have clear perfect video.

Additionally you also mentioned you had 4x of these. We also noticed that we can only have 2x Herelink Airunit Powered on at any one time in close proximity, due to the bandwidth limit of the 2.4Ghz channel. Double check that you arent having more than 2 powered on.

If you need to have more than 2 aircraft, change your transmission DL BW from 20m to 10m which allows you to get 3 (in our case). But remember the video gets a little patchy because of this.