Herelink can’t find specific WiFi networks.
I’m having problems with both of our Herelink controllers.
For some reason, it won’t detect some WiFi hotspots. We’ve tried restarting them, updating, them and so on, but it still doesn’t work. It is mainly mobile hotspots that are giving us trouble.
We are able to connect to our regular WiFi with no problem and also some mobile hotspots. For example, we are not able to connect to the hotspot of a Samsung S20 but with a Pixel 6 everything works just fine. The S20 hotspots never even show up on the list of available networks.
Does anyone else have had this problem?
I also had the problem, and wasn’t able to solve it. I have already saw more people with this problem in this forum.
I also had issues.
Simple solutions (which do not solve all problems):
- use a 5.8 GHz network
- use a low channel, not channels above 40 I think.
to meet regulatry complience, herelink is shipped with only the lower bands enabled.
on the OTA screen/Settings screen there is a drop down to select a region, that can change this.
Thanks! Are you able to create a better guide for that? I can’t really find anywhere to change the region.
I have the same issue in Singapore. Interestingly, during USB Upgrade Via PC → Controller Upgrade, it can see the 5GHz router network and connect well. I can even see it under the saved network. But once I rebooted and went into the usual operation, it could not see the 5GHz network again.
If I use my android mobile phone and turn on the portable hotspot, it can see and connect well with the same security setting.
OEM build number: BRU01211104
make sure you have selected your region, this can change the wifi channels scanned based on regional requirements
I think someone asked for the steps before.
Could you teach the users step-by-step to the pages.
Is there a possibilities that the built cannot detect SSID with underscore _?
The different in my testings are the SSID, one with underscore _ (cannot find).
don’t think is the underscore issue either.
okay, the steps to other users, Settings->About phone->System Updates, I choose US, Wa-Lah, 5GHz network appears and connected. Reboot and test, still works. Nothing changed to my router settings.
With Herelink 1.1 controller I experience the same as the older versions, most of the 5Ghz WiFi networks are not recognizable, regardless of what region I choose (i’m in EU). I understand, how I can try to set the channel on the actual router lower than 40, but it does not help us on the field, where I can only make a wifi hotspot with android or ios phones, where absolutely no option is for setting channels, and yes, the controller defeinitely does not work with any of the phones I tried.
Will be any solution for this in the future? Maybe with an update We could get wider channel range?
try change to another region, then back again just confirm the setting has stuck.
Tried many times, unsuccessful. Also once the Japan region was stuck, the menu item went gray and nothing else helped, only the full android factory data reset.
Correct. To meet japan requirements it needed to be locked. Factory reset is the only answer
So, how can I get wider channel range, or any other solution to get it work?
I kind of understand, why it is limited, but most probably it’s not enough channels to meet the APs actual ranges here around (AFAIKthe controller uses only 1 channel per band on 802.11ac - equals total of 2 (!), which is ridiculously few).
i dont know what country your in, so cant comment. either way we need to keep compliance for certs. so i cant really say alot, other than there are options in the menu
Hungary, but as I know, nothing differs here from other EU regions.
We’ve tried over 10+ controllers and also the new 1.1, in all cases the result is, they can detect only about 15% of the available WiFi networks, the other 85% is not visible and even with manually giving the SSID and PW in, it can’t connect. Which leads in a lot of cases to unable to use them, e.g. in an apartment complex there are 15 pieces of routers and zero ! is visible for the controllers, also when I turn on WiFi hotspot through a smartphone, on the controller it does not show up, regardless, what phone I try.
This problem is beyond “slightly limited” WiFi capabilities (it was never advertised that there are these strong limitations), as We see most of the cases We experience, the WiFi is completely useless.
We really need a solution for this, as fully offline operation is not an option for us.
Hi the same problem here in Poland I am trying to connectd to wifi spot 5.8 with no success. Can anyone could give me step by step guide What to do in Android in Herelink ?
It looks like Samsung phones and tablets have problems with creating Access Point which will be compatible with Herelink. Herelink is only compatible with 5 ghz and low channel numbers
channel numbers are based on your country selection.