Herelink with QGC and Follow

Hi all,
I need implement function Follow. QGC in Herelink has GPS and knows position of remote unit. I did setup Follow on QGC and one button set for Follow switch on/off.
But it doesn’t work. Could you help me , please? do you have some idea how to set up Follow in Herelink?
Thanks
George

1 Like

@sidbh ? Any ideas?

Hello, I was informed that there is not possible to use Follow Me function in Herelink. Do you have somebody some suggestion how to Follow Me with Herelink together? Or is any possibility that developers will put Follow Me on actual to-do list?
Thank you very much.
George

Who informed you of that?

@kellyschrock? Follow me?
@sidbh?

Hi, I was informed by Alvin from HexAero. See below:
Unfortunately Follow me mode does not work on Herelink yet. If you essentially need this function, please visit the Cubepilot forum to give suggestion to our developers.
https://discuss.cubepilot.org/c/herelink/9
Best regards,
Alvin

Do you have other experience? I will very appreciate if you can advice me how to do it.
Thank you.
George

Speaking only for Solex here. If the host Android device doesn’t have a way to report its location, then you won’t be able to use the Follow Me functions in Solex, which utilize the device’s GPS location to tell the vehicle where to go.

Thanks,
Kelly

Sorry, I an not so good in this. What context has Solex app with Herelink? Herelink Remote control, based on Android and QGC has GPS location and also direct connection to AP via Air unit. So it is only question how to tell UAV where to go and follow Remote control unit. No need Solex. I think.
George

Hi.

We are using Herelink for remote operators on a surveillance context. Most flights are mostly automated with strong geocaging rules, and some collision avoidance based on video feedback.
For some of our missions, we will need to use the Follow me mode for the operator having the ground unit. Initial idea was to use ground unit embedded GPS but reading this wondering the status of this feature.

Any feedback on this subject since?

Hi Guillaume, After update of FW in Herelink the Solex is available. But we dont have time for experiments and our techies solved the problem with follow me with proprietary solution. I you will be more successful with Solex, please let me know.
Best regards
George

Thanks Georges. I’ll try that. However, are the Herelink Solex source public somehow?
We will customise the GCS for our workflow, initial plan was using Qgroundstation codebase, but why not SolexTx if not too proprietary? :grin:

Do you have any success with followMe? George

Will this follow me work in solex after updates in herelink ? @kellyschrock